What are YOU watching?

Big Rob

Over the weekend, I just watched the last two weeks of impact! episodes. The first hour long storyline over which side would Tomko join was done really well. I actually expected Tomko to join Angle's side but right at the end a RUSSO SWERVE! Meh, I don't care I enjoyed the show. The Abyss' mother storyline is a lot out there, but I was expecteing the absolute worst and Sting, Abyss and James Mitchell were all awesome, particularly Mitchell who is the greatest manager around at the moment.I understnad that there was little to no wrestling, but still, it was nice to put on a wrestling show and actually enjoy it for a change.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Pegasus Kid (?) vs. Black Tiger - Semi Finals of NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 1996Absolutely terrific match from these two. Pegasus was the heel, and pretty well established too with the constant use of the Sleeper Hold. This wearing down of Tiger led to him being a real underdog in the final stretch and you got the 'you'll have to kill this guy to beat him' feeling from it. Definately the best one on one Benoit v Eddie match that I've seen to date."Couldn't agree more. Amazing match that is. Benoit's sleeper psycology was great. I have the match on the Eddie Guerrero in japan tape and I watch it a lot

"Pegasus Kid (?) vs. Black Tiger - Semi Finals of NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 1996Absolutely terrific match from these two. Pegasus was the heel, and pretty well established too with the constant use of the Sleeper Hold. This wearing down of Tiger led to him being a real underdog in the final stretch and you got the 'you'll have to kill this guy to beat him' feeling from it. Definately the best one on one Benoit v Eddie match that I've seen to date."Couldn't agree more. Amazing match that is. Benoit's sleeper psycology was great. I have the match on the Eddie Guerrero in japan tape and I watch it a lot

Is this the match shown on the Benoit DVD???

Billy Boy vs. Gran Apache - Hair vs. Hair (AAA 30/4/06)

This is the good stuff. Lovely tope by Billy to start with, but Apache gets the upper hand and quickly makes Billy submit to win the first fall. He continues the beatdown into round two, with Billy finally managing to get a rollup to equalise the score. The final fall is dramatic stuff, the woman with Apache keeps interfering, and at one point trips BB up leading to a perfect basement dropkick by Apache to BB's face. This backfires later, and Apache ends up nailing her twice. Eventually, more shenanigans from the woman on the outside, lead to a lowblow and chairshot on BB that costs him the match and his hair.

Billy Boy vs. Gran Apache - Dog Collar Match (AAA 9/2/07)

Apache doesn't even get the collar put on him at the start, and he beats Billy Boy all over the arena with the chain, and anything else he can get hold of. Crowd is super hot, and eventually BB gets the collar on Apache. Despite Faby Apache's protests, BB powerbombs his opponent onto a wooden board in the corner, then touches all six corners for the win.

Billy Boy vs. Gran Apache - Street Fight (AAA 10/3/07)

This is basically an arena wide brawl, and a really fun one at that. Not much time is spent in the ring at all, both men bleed a bunch and fight throughout the crowd, including a great bit when they are both on their knees punching the shite out of each other. Match is ruled a no contest when Apache wipes both of them out with a Swanton Bomb though a table, ala Jeff Hardy at Royal Rumble 2000.

Billy Boy vs. Gran Apache - Hair vs. Hair (AAA 18/3/07)

Well worth a watch, even though it isn't quite up to the very high standards of the first two matches. Faby is in Gran Apache's corner, and Sexy Starr is in the corner of BB. Lots of outside interference, blood and brawling in this one again, you can taste the hatred between the two.

Anyone who is a fan of intense brawls needs to check this series of matches out. In my opinion, the last match is the weakest, which is a shame, but I'm thinking that the fued isn't over yet.

watched cena vs edge tlc match from unforgiven 2006. still thought it was a good match, if not just a spot match. the crowd was into it and there is a few good bumps overall enjoyable, btw love these threads always great to hear other peoples opinions on matches

Paul Birchall vs. Dave Taylor (Premier Promotions, 2004)

Both men are faces here, and we get a real gentleman's match as a result. Starts off with some basic matt work, with the two guys feeling each other out to see if either can get the advantage. Taylor tends to get the better of the exchange, but then tries to out power Birchill and it doesn't work as well - so he quickly goes for leg holds and some really stiff uppercuts. However, Birchall gets back to his feet and gets a quick sunset flip for the first fall. Quick to get his revenge, the next round sees Taylor beat Birchall around some more, and score with a very tight school boy for the equaliser. After working on Birchall's back in the next round, Taylor hits his floatover underhook suplex for the win.

Both men work really well together, and despite being face vs. face, it doesn't come accross as bland - in fact I think that British rules matches are one of the few times that you can put on good blue-eye match and keep it entertaining for the crowd. It's on PW Torrents, so check it out.

Well, I've watched Akiyama matches against Shiozaki, Kikuchi and Yone. They've left me wondering ... has someone put a hit out on the poor guy ? Every single time, the opponent tries to kill him dead before the bell even rings. By the time I got to the Kikuchi match, I knew I'd burst out laughing if it happened again. Sure enough, WHAM ! Elbows right to the coupon. I get the distinct impression that I'm missing something.

• Paid Members

I watched one match from Heat last night. Cryme Tyme battered some jobbers, it was bloody brilliant. Old school squash match with JTG(inifnite tildes) outsmarting the jobbers and big Shad looking like an absolute tank. Big lariats, jobber launching and most of all a crowd who absolutely loved it and responded to all of CT's mannerisms and signature stuff. Seems weird to put a squash match in here, but I really quite enjoyed it.

Archived