The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

All of this Beatles appreciation pleases me greatly.

This is an album rather rather than a single but it's basically the French Jesu so I figure people here would like it.Alcest

Great find, this is awesome. Edited by Vito

All of this Beatles appreciation pleases me greatly.

This is an album rather rather than a single but it's basically the French Jesu so I figure people here would like it.Alcest

Great find, this is awesome.
Was Alcest not one of the bands I uploaded for you that time? Did you ever check out those links by the way? I can't remember what I put up, pretty sure it was Leviathan and Alcest. Could be wrong though.

Was Alcest not one of the bands I uploaded for you that time? Did you ever check out those links by the way? I can't remember what I put up, pretty sure it was Leviathan and Alcest. Could be wrong though.

I can't remember, I would definitely have checked them out seeing as you went through the trouble of uploading them but I can't for the life of me recall.

Heres another fantastic blues/folk song. One of my all-time favourate songs from one of my all-time favourate singers.Leadbelly - John HardyVito, any thoughts on my previous post? I uploaded those songs for you buddy, give 'em a listen and let me know what you think. Oh, and if all goes well, my Blues compilation will be uploaded soon.

After downloading this I must say I am loving this choice. Unfortunately I couldn't get your 'blind comp' but I'd love to have the opportunity to at some point in the future...!

• Paid Members

Heres another fantastic blues/folk song. One of my all-time favourate songs from one of my all-time favourate singers.Leadbelly - John HardyVito, any thoughts on my previous post? I uploaded those songs for you buddy, give 'em a listen and let me know what you think. Oh, and if all goes well, my Blues compilation will be uploaded soon.

After downloading this I must say I am loving this choice. Unfortunately I couldn't get your 'blind comp' but I'd love to have the opportunity to at some point in the future...!
Well, I've half made my Blues comp for you lucky people, and should have it finished soon, I shall be putting the blind songs in there and all songs will be MP3. Glad you enjoyed ol' John Hardy, fucking great song that is. Leadbelly rocks.Anyway, I see were getting into a Beatles theme, and Beatles fans don't come much bigger than me, so here a few lesser talked about tracks that float my Beatles boat. The main theme here is "Paul McCartney may be a twat, but I love him like my own Mother for being the greatest musician, bass player and songwriter of all time."I've Just Seen A Face - Ever fallen in love and been unable to describe the sheer joy of a new relationship? This songs just about sums it up.I'm A Loser - Yes, I know this is a mediocre Lennon ditty, but wait for the chorus and hear McCartney turn it into magic. Fucking great walking bass line and awesome harmonies. I love it.Things We Said Today - Songwriting perfection from McCartney here. The change from Minor to Major at the chorus gets me every time.Honey Pie - Some may say this song represents everything that is bad about McCartney, much like Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da, but they are wrong. This shows everything I love about the man, sheer effortless, utterly pointless but brilliant songwriting. Lenoon wishes he was this good.She's Leaving Home - Heartwrenching stuff here. But magnificent, again, so effortless and perfect. Well, there you go, get me started on The Beatles and I just can't stop. You guys should be glad I'm not drunk because I'd be here all night. Anyway, stay tuneed for awesome Blues comp and more Beatles, namely 'songs that prove Ringo Starr is one of the greatest Drummers of all time.'

• Paid Members

'songs that prove Ringo Starr is one of the greatest Drummers of all time.'

Sarcasm, surely?
Nope, 100% true. I look foward to educating the masses on this subject, because it's one of the greatest misconceptions in Music. Seriously, Ringo is a phenomenal drummer. It really gets my goat when people think he's crap or average. Usually it's people with little knowledge on The Beatles' music and 20th century music in general. Doesn't it piss you off when people slag off Slipknot because of a pathetic assumption that its all noisy crap? I dare say you get it all the time, and you spend alot of your time defending your point. And obviously, the people who say such things have never really listened to the music.Anyway, here, at last, is my essential blues comp. It's been compressed with Winrar which I'm hoping alot of people have. If not, you can download a trial here which should be sufficiant enough to unzip my comp. Just install winrar, download my comp, right click on it and click extract files here. It's fairly easy.UKFF Essential Blues Compilation.Enjoy and let me know what you all think.

'songs that prove Ringo Starr is one of the greatest Drummers of all time.'

Sarcasm, surely?
Nope, 100% true. I look foward to educating the masses on this subject, because it's one of the greatest misconceptions in Music. Seriously, Ringo is a phenomenal drummer. It really gets my goat when people think he's crap or average. Usually it's people with little knowledge on The Beatles' music and 20th century music in general. Doesn't it piss you off when people slag off Slipknot because of a pathetic assumption that its all noisy crap? I dare say you get it all the time, and you spend alot of your time defending your point. And obviously, the people who say such things have never really listened to the music.
As much as I hate to sidestep your little rant, I don't believe I fall into the category of someone dismissing Ringo for the hell of it, and without hearing a lot of his stuff. As a drummer myself, I pay great attention to other drummers, and Ringo has never once impressed me. I'm not saying I'm anything special, I am saying that I have more than given him a chance. And no, I'm not a fan of The Beatles, but I have listened to a lot of their work.