UKFF Under-rated Poster of 2006

tiger_rick

The most Under-rated Poster of 2006?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Vote for the UKFF Under-rated Poster of 2006.Discussion allowed.Sorry for delay on this one. I'll just add on this one that this is my favourite category. All 10 guys and the many more nominated are absolutely excellent contributors who deserve a bit of recognition.

If WHCMHage doesn't get both 'Poster of the year' and 'Under-rated poster of the year' then i'll be sourly disappointed.EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant because it would be funny. Coz, like, it wouldn't make sense to be both. WHCMHage seemed to get confused and thought I liked him.

Edited by fleischmark

• Moderators
:blush: shucks - I guess I should stuff more people off here full of booze and drugs, huh?At the risk of this sounding like a backslap-fest, you got my vote for the LOL award... But accept that with the caveat that Stingersplash would have had it, had he made the final ballot - take that for what you will :D

$tew bagged my vote but I'm sharing the poll with some great posters. I don't know about being underrated or whatever but it is nice to know that people actually read each others contributions to the board and value them.

• Paid Members

This is a wierd one. In that, isn't it a little bit contradictory? I'm guessing the only criteria would be posters you regard as good contributers who seem under-rated/overlooked by other posters and/or don't recieve much 'recognition'.

Yet, some of the first guys that pop into my mind as really under-rated posters are guys like gadgetboy, Freaky_Jason, Black2, Gossy and to a lesser extent frank. None of them are there, reinforcing my thoughts that they're some fucking good posters, which many fail to realise, whereas the nominees are surely not so under-rated having recieved enough nominations to qualify...?

Surely Hagester being considered one of the posters of the year would disclude him as a choice for most under-rated poster of the year? No?

Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

• Moderators

I don't really understand this award, either... What are the criteria for it? I don't know where I've ever seen posters 'rated' before in the first place, for any to be under-rated..The only thing I can think of is it being a category for anyone who's not been nominated for 'Poster of the Year' in previous years..?That doesn't really seem to make all that much sense...

• Paid Members

I don't really understand this award, either... What are the criteria for it? I don't know where I've ever seen posters 'rated' before in the first place, for any to be under-rated..The only thing I can think of is it being a category for anyone who's not been nominated for 'Poster of the Year' in previous years..?That doesn't really seem to make all that much sense...

The criteria is that someone thinks you are under-rated. The reason this poll was last was because Hage, JLM and $tew ended up in both poster and under-rated poster awards. I wans't sure that they should be in both, but the general opinion was that the people who nominated think they are under-rated. It's a matter of judgement, but the people nominationed and the final list of people are totally justified, in my opinion.

The criteria is that someone thinks you are under-rated. The reason this poll was last was because Hage, JLM and $tew ended up in both poster and under-rated poster awards. I wans't sure that they should be in both, but the general opinion was that the people who nominated think they are under-rated. It's a matter of judgement, but the people nominationed and the final list of people are totally justified, in my opinion.
Yes that's all very well and dandy, but how can you be under rated if you're up for poster of the year? That clearly indicates that you are rated. It's essentially like getting Best Newcomer and Life Time Achievement awards.THE WHOLE DAMN SYSTEM IS WRONG.

• Paid Members

Yes that's all very well and dandy, but how can you be under rated if you're up for poster of the year? That clearly indicates that you are rated. It's essentially like getting Best Newcomer and Life Time Achievement awards.THE WHOLE DAMN SYSTEM IS WRONG.
That was actually my opinion, hence the delay, but it wasn't shared. At the end of the day, if people believe that someone is under-rated, who am I to exclude that opinion just because others do rate them. I don't disagree with you, but the decision has been made so live with it. Otherwise, I'll go power mad and delete your posts!

• Moderators

The criteria is that someone thinks you are under-rated.
I guess what I was saying is that it was always going to be a slightly problematic award (as evidenced by the overlap situation) because there isn't any prior conscious rating of Posters to speak of..

Who is the big boot? and why havent I seen any of his/her posts?This was another tough poll to vote in as I think everyone on the list (apart from the big boot) has lots of interesting things to say and deserves more credit for the input to the forum.Hmmmm. Im going to have to stay out of this one.

Edited by bootcleaner