Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 8, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2007 Vote for the Worst Event Of 2006.Discussion allowed.
GPW Kristian Zane Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 I didnt come across ICW Explosion when i made my nomination for this thread and since its the only show on there I've not seen what was so bad about it?
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 10, 2007 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2007 Yeah, fair enough, December to Dismember was a big bag of wank. But in the past, even if every match on the undercard failed to deliver, you could almost always rely on the Royal Rumble match delivering. When it sucked a big massive corpse-raping dick this year, coupled with one of the shittest undercards in the history of everything, it solidified that event as my worst of the year no matter what. I don't think I've ever felt as depressed about the state of American pro wrestling as I did after that show.
TheBigBoot Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 December To Dismember - just awful in every way.Also, surprised to see Armageddon up there - I thought it was pretty good.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 10, 2007 Author Paid Members Posted January 10, 2007 Because December 2 Dismember got so many nominations, it meant stuff that was hardly nominated made the top 10. Armageddon only got 1 nomination, same as ICW.
dopper Posted January 12, 2007 Posted January 12, 2007 (edited) After only getting one nomination I'm surprised to see 10 votes for 1PW No Turning Back.The UKFF has spoken, and this is the line-up of the 2nd worst pro-wrestling show of the entire year:- Bret Hart's first UK appearance in 4 years.- AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels vs Charlie Haas- Jeff Jarrett vs Bret Hart's mystery opponent (Harry Smith)- Abyss vs Sabu- Steve Corino vs Masato Tanaka- Low-Ki vs Jody Fleisch vs Jonny Storm (this was my pick for worst match of the year, so no complaints there)- Jerry Lynn vs Petey Williams- Al Snow & Blue Meanie vs Tracy Smothers & Chris Hamrick- Doug Williams vs Darren Burridge- Spud vs Elix SkipperSome of the matches were fairly poor, but the four way was very good. The comedy of JOB Squad vs Southern Comfort was fun, Bret got a fantastic reception, and Lynn vs Williams was a decent X-Division match. Edited January 12, 2007 by dopper
Recommended Posts