Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just heard a snippet of a song while watching Goals On Sunday and want to hear the rest. Sounded like Foo Fighters but don't think it was. Lyrics went 'Things aren't quite the same this time around, you can't take that away. If you wanna hear this song, if you wanna hear this song you just call out on me.'

• Paid Members

Anyone remember a funny looking English guy that used to do American infomercials? He's been parodied on American TV and movies a few times and was briefly on the tv at the beginning of Wayne's World. Anyone know his name?

Anyone remember a funny looking English guy that used to do American infomercials? He's been parodied on American TV and movies a few times and was briefly on the tv at the beginning of Wayne's World. Anyone know his name?

The Brit Guys are either called Jon Parkin ( Bow Tie/ Braces) or Ian Long

Famous for the likes of 'Amazing Discoveries' fronted by Mike Levey who sadly died in 2003

Heres a clip of Amazing Discoveries for 'Auri' with John Parkin ( only bummer is its in German)

and one with Ian Long (in English)

Amazing Discoveries Blender

Mad TV spoofs for Nubico/ Mike and John are all over youtube

Could be worse.. could be Didi 7!!!!!!!!!!

DIDI 7

Got a dvd recorder and when I record a programme it works fine. But when I try to copy it on my pc it just registers it as a blank disc and not sure why. Ive tried watching the disc on my xbox, ps2 and another dvd player and it works fine. Dunno why it wont work on the pc. Its a phillips and even had same prob with a argos basic I bought 5 years ago.

Any help?

• Paid Members
Got a dvd recorder and when I record a programme it works fine. But when I try to copy it on my pc it just registers it as a blank disc and not sure why. Ive tried watching the disc on my xbox, ps2 and another dvd player and it works fine. Dunno why it wont work on the pc. Its a phillips and even had same prob with a argos basic I bought 5 years ago.

Any help?

With one of my DVD recorders it won't play on other recorders without "finalizing" or some other silly term which essentially makes the disc read only.

Have a look around for such an option, it may be that but I will say it may not. Worth a try though.

Any help?

With one of my DVD recorders it won't play on other recorders without "finalizing" or some other silly term which essentially makes the disc read only.

Have a look around for such an option, it may be that but I will say it may not. Worth a try though.

^ as he said

Normally located in the `Edit Disc` - `Finalise Disc` section

Archived