Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone know when the new series of lost is starting? (and yes, i have tried googling and the best i can get is january 2009- anyone heard a date yet?)

cheers for any help

x x x

• Paid Members

According to Wiki: The fifth season will commence on January 21, 2009 with a three-hour premiere consisting of a clip-show and two back-to-back new episodes. That's the US premiere by the way. I kind of assume that most people on here follow these shows at US pace. UK premiere date I don't know.

Also, there's a thread on Lost Season 5: http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=108566

EDIT: People on Digitalspy reckon January 25th will be the UK premiere. Sky One still have it as far as I know.

According to Wiki: The fifth season will commence on January 21, 2009 with a three-hour premiere consisting of a clip-show and two back-to-back new episodes. That's the US premiere by the way. I kind of assume that most people on here follow these shows at US pace. UK premiere date I don't know.

Also, there's a thread on Lost Season 5: http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=108566

EDIT: People on Digitalspy reckon January 25th will be the UK premiere. Sky One still have it as far as I know.

Cheers :)

This may end up being a simple yes/no, but here goes..

After just over hearing a conversation in work. Why are so many big business facing closure? I understand Zavvi's as a load of their stock came from Woolworths sister(?) company. But people like MFI, B&Q, Currys etc. Is it just a case of people not spending the money? It just seems to have happened so quick. Thanks

• Paid Members

Well there's multiple reasons, but I know personally as a consumer I've been being a lot more careful over my purchases, pretty much only buying things I really need rather than just stuff I want. All the 'big purchases' I need I'm just putting off for now and trying to live as cheaply as possible.

Do I need to? Maybe not. Maybe I'm just being affected by all the scare stories, although being a student at the moment doesnt help. My student loans are getting smaller by the term, yet fees and living costs are growing. A student loan only just about covers either my accommadation, my uni fees or my food/petrol/general living expences, and the rest I have to work for or borrow.

If 'an insect and a line of people' is B&Q, and 'the price of sheep' is Woolworths, what is 'army and navy missing'?

Is there a line of shops called AWOL?

That's probably the best guess I've heard anyone make so far. Sadly though, there's no UK shops called that. The only other guess is 'Army & Nay Surplus Store' or that 'army and navy is missing from the air force, so it's something like that' (Pilot?).

Just purchased a new PSP.

Can anyone recommend a website where I can download free games & movies?

Seen some where you have to pay a one off fee , has anyone used one of these sites?

Thanks.

Aside from that, I have an interesting question.

I've been watching, for the nth time, the first series of "Look Around You". I put the commentary track on, and one of the four voices just makes grunts and weird noises, but the rest of the people respond to him as if he's saying perfectly intelligible things. There are two reasons for this:

1. It's quite funny

2. There was someone else on the commentary who later asked to be removed, so they dubbed over them with stupid noises

Does anyone know which of these it is?

• Paid Members
being scared of your own reflection is called Eisoptrophobia

is there a word or condition to describe an uncontrolable anger when some one see's their own reflection

"Radbourne's Disease"

thankyou, most appreciated

Archived