Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

For the 4 days I've suffered with this headache. Its not like a normal headache its as if someone has put a very tight band around the top of my head. Doctor told me Thursday it would go away, but no sign of it doing that. I've never had a headache like this before. Normally I get a headache on my forehead. Anyone else suffer with this headache?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It gets shown on so many channels, but the weirdest ones I've seen are episodes cut to half an hour - they'll trim out whole storylines, sometimes spanning multiple episodes, to make it fit. I don't understand why at all.

They did that with Prisoner Cell Block H for a while as well until we all complained in the Granada region.

Has anyone here had to re-learn to walk? Any tips? I had my cast off today and partly out of fear and partly out of the lack of strength in my leg, I'm quite tentative and unable to do anything like walk normally. I gather it's expected that it'll be a few weeks before I'm back to normal, but I'm not sure how exactly to start putting weight on my ankle. The way I'm "walking" at the moment is basically a stupid crouched limp that only utilises the bad one to balance.

• Paid Members
Has anyone here had to re-learn to walk? Any tips? I had my cast off today and partly out of fear and partly out of the lack of strength in my leg, I'm quite tentative and unable to do anything like walk normally. I gather it's expected that it'll be a few weeks before I'm back to normal, but I'm not sure how exactly to start putting weight on my ankle. The way I'm "walking" at the moment is basically a stupid crouched limp that only utilises the bad one to balance.

That's the way I would expect would be the most natural to go about it. I could suggest documenting your progress with videos, so you can study how you're going - set up a camera, and record your attempts. As soon as you're ready, maybe try some short sprints, or just hopping on the bad leg.

• Paid Members
It gets shown on so many channels, but the weirdest ones I've seen are episodes cut to half an hour - they'll trim out whole storylines, sometimes spanning multiple episodes, to make it fit. I don't understand why at all.

This sounds very similar to when Mrs Matrix informed me that some channel was showing See No Evil, Hear No Evil at 2pm yesterday afternoon. It must have been over in 45 minutes!

• Paid Members

This sounds very similar to when Mrs Matrix informed me that some channel was showing See No Evil, Hear No Evil at 2pm yesterday afternoon. It must have been over in 45 minutes!

I remember staying up one night to watch something on Film Four - I think it might have been Pulp Fiction, and it just cut off after an hour. That was it. They just ended, and either started another film, or went off the air.

Have they not given you crutches? I just went two crutch > one crutch > none over a couple of weeks.

Yeah, but when I'm using the crutches, I'm putting too much weight on them and none on the bad leg, I think. And I don't know how to start changing that. Nothing I'm doing seems like it's putting much strain on the bad leg, so I can't see it helping much. How much walking did you do a day on the road to recovery?

I know this is a bit of a long shout but does anyone know where I can get "L'Eau D'Issey Summer Eau De Toilette Spray (2011 Edition)" perfume from for my girlfriend... I'm useless when it comes to gifts normally so i've tried extra hard this year and this is the one thing which would top it nicely... before you ask I have googled/ebayed/amazoned this thing but hopefully one of you kind people are better at this hunting than me... cheers!

Help...!!

I'm going crazy trying to remember the name of an '80's TV show. I'm pretty sure it was on Saturday mornings on ITV, and featured a super hero type in a red cossie with a blonde perm. I'm pretty sure Terri Garr was in it, but her Wikipedia entry gives no joy. It's been driving me crazy for weeks!

• Paid Members
Help...!!

I'm going crazy trying to remember the name of an '80's TV show. I'm pretty sure it was on Saturday mornings on ITV, and featured a super hero type in a red cossie with a blonde perm. I'm pretty sure Terri Garr was in it, but her Wikipedia entry gives no joy. It's been driving me crazy for weeks!

Dyna Woman?

EDIT (now that I'm off the bus):

Got confused - Electra Woman (pictured with Dyna Girl)

electra1.jpg

Archived