Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
I have a technical question. If someone changes your password on your laptop, and you also can't log in as administrator, how do I change the password? Is there some software that can do it?

I'm not trying to break into someone's Laptop, a friends kids have changed his password on his and he's coming to me for help. I can sort some things out, but I'm a bit out of my depth here.

I seem to remember something to do with using an installer disk, but I don't recall the details.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have a technical question. If someone changes your password on your laptop, and you also can't log in as administrator, how do I change the password? Is there some software that can do it?

I'm not trying to break into someone's Laptop, a friends kids have changed his password on his and he's coming to me for help. I can sort some things out, but I'm a bit out of my depth here.

I seem to remember something to do with using an installer disk, but I don't recall the details.

What platform and version? Windows

What platform and version? Windows

Safe Mode didn't work, but managed to download and use Ophcrack, which doesn't reset the password (well, from what I could make out) but does allow you to view the current password.

I'll keep hold of that software, might come in handy should I decide to go round nicking laptops.

• Paid Members

Is anyone able to help with my podcast query? Basically, the podcasts I'm subscribed to in iTunes update regularly, however whenever I sync my iPod, they never transfer across. I've subscribed to several podcasts that show in iTunes, but don't even show up on the iPod. Also, there are podcasts I've unsubscribed from that are no longer in iTunes, but still show on the iPod. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

• Paid Members
Is anyone able to help with my podcast query? Basically, the podcasts I'm subscribed to in iTunes update regularly, however whenever I sync my iPod, they never transfer across. I've subscribed to several podcasts that show in iTunes, but don't even show up on the iPod. Also, there are podcasts I've unsubscribed from that are no longer in iTunes, but still show on the iPod. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

First stupid question out of the way first are you sure you have enough room on your ipod for them to sync across

If so check the podcast tab on your iPod from the main iPod connection (where your iPod is named) and make sure it is set to "automatically include <all unplayed> episodes of <all podcasts>" or just select the ones you want and that should do that for you.

Archived