Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Prazac is talking to the Homicide, who is with a pretty chick I don’t recognise. Maybe it’s his real life girlfriend or something.

He wishes. That's So Cal Val, Indy 'Diva' from the California area, and I have no idea why she's in a Homicide promo.

Seth Delay I do not know, and he looks like a ponce. Delirious deserves better than this

This was a last minute match due to someone pulling out, I believe. Don't expect to see much of Delay.

Homicide’s first wish: A fight with Steve Corino. No idea why, but he gets it.

Because Homicide/Steve Corino is the longest running, bloodiest and most heated feud in ROH history, and hasn't had a pay off match yet. Check out - 1st Anniversary Show - Corino beats Homicide in New York, sparking a half worked, half real crowd riot.Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies - The Rematch, Homicide permanently deafens Corino in one ear during a brutal match.War Of The Wire I - Corino Vs Homicide in ROH's first ever No Rope Barbed Wire Match, one of the best bouts in the companies history.Nice review. I really want to get to all these awesome main events and matches with KENTA in and stuff, but I'm finding it hard to trudge through undercards full of BJ Whitmer/Chris Daniels/Briscoes/etc. matches to get to them.

• Paid Members

September 21st: A SHIMMER match has also been added to 10/7 in Detriot. The partners were chosen at random for this bout as Lacey teams with Allison Danger to take on Daizee Haze & MsChif. This will bring the best women's wrestling to Detroit.The Haze is in action!

Yeah, ROH's undercard, which was already weak, is really going down the shitter at the moment.I've picked up a few more DVD's. Started watching Throwdown today, but the first 3 matches were completely horrible, and another fucking pointless 4-Corner-Survival is up next.The DVD's are worth picking up on the cheap for certain matches, but to be honest, I really don't think the overall cards are as strong as they were around May/June/July last year.

I don't know, I think the better ROH shows are better than most WWE PPV's, but then again I've only seen about 3 ROH shows this year better than Summerslam. The again, I don't consider that this has been a great year for ROH. The best stuff has been awesome, but the shows aren't well rounded enough.They've been hurt by the loss of Punk, Gibson, Spanky, Shelley, Ki, Lethal and a few others, and haven't really replaced them.Yes, an ROH show is pretty much always better than Raw or Smackdown, but I don't watch Raw or Smackdown, and if I did I wouldn't have to pay for it. And they're better than most WWE PPV's.However, there are probably only about 4 or 5 DVD's in the companies history that I'd consider worth paying

I don't know, I think the better ROH shows are better than most WWE PPV's, but then again I've only seen about 3 ROH shows this year better than Summerslam. The again, I don't consider that this has been a great year for ROH. The best stuff has been awesome, but the shows aren't well rounded enough.They've been hurt by the loss of Punk, Gibson, Spanky, Shelley, Ki, Lethal and a few others, and haven't really replaced them.Yes, an ROH show is pretty much always better than Raw or Smackdown, but I don't watch Raw or Smackdown, and if I did I wouldn't have to pay for it. And they're better than most WWE PPV's.However, there are probably only about 4 or 5 DVD's in the companies history that I'd consider worth paying

but to be honest there's still lots of talent there. Rave, Richards, Jacobs, Cabana, Delirious, Pearce.

Rave is good, but is I find often misused in random matches to get a face over or in pointless 4-Ways. And without Nana he loses a lot of his appeal.Richards is also good, but needs a personailty, and a decent angle to get stuck into.Jacobs is unbelievable fun in his new gimmick, anything he's in I lvoe.Cabana is a good comedy worker, but little more.Delirious is fun for a bit, but I find he bores me more often than not now.Pearce is just awful.My real complaints are against guys like Hagadorn, Irish Airborne, Ace Steele, Chad Collyer and others, who bring literally nothing to the table.

Hagadorn's got a bit of personality and some potential, Ace Steele's entertaining enough if not distinct, Irish Airborne have a lot of in-ring talent and are quite obviously being pushed as a big deal. Surely you've noticed that they're legitimately and seriously over with the ROH crowd? Also, what are you smoking on Adam Pearce? He's a good promo and works a good match.Agreed on Collyer and the unnamed others, though.

In other news, the first ROH Video Wire is up!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Only half way through the second part as I post this but so far looking good. Full KOW/Dunn & Marcos match which was good viewing and even Cabana was actually slightly more amusing than his usual non-funny self!