Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Hello.

I haven't followed ROH since about 2007, around the time the CZW vs ROH fued ended (and how shit hot was that?). I've caught the odd match here and there since then so I'm looking to get back into it. Can anyone recommend me a few shows for someone who has been out of the loop for a while? I get the impression it isn't even worth watching anymore, anyone care to shed any light on this?

On a similar note, based on the few bits and pieces I've seen over the last few years, the subtitle of this thread is in desperate need of changing.

El Generico is working EVOLVE 11. Could this all be part of an angle? Like he comes back 6 months down the line to get revenge on Steen? Seeing as ROH has mentioned Generico in newswires since Final Battle, Makes me think he isn't done. No point paying him a contract if he's not working for you in storyline is there?

• Paid Members

I thought Davey Richards was doing the Best in the World gimmick as well? Surely it'll be him? Davey R's the 'Best in the World' and Kevin Steen's the 'Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling'. ROH with two VERY original nicknames there.

Where's ROHSteven when you need him? Doesn't say much about the brand when ROH announce a two disc set of the "Best Wrestler In The World" and you automatically think of two WWE wrestlers.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I thought Davey Richards was doing the Best in the World gimmick as well? Surely it'll be him? Davey R's the 'Best in the World' and Kevin Steen's the 'Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling'. ROH with two VERY original nicknames there.

Where's ROHSteven when you need him?

Didn't Bryan give him that gimmick when they faced at DGUSA?

I personally like Steens "Nickname" fits his gimmick as who wants to hire his crazy, out of control gimmick

Best Wrestler In The World at the moment is CM Punk..

Bryan Danielson was know as the Best Wrestler In The World in ROH since 2005, Plus they have just released a Summer Of Punk set. Doubt they will do a Best Of CM Punk so soon afterwards.

Why not? Seems sensible that they'd capitalise on Punk's success at the moment, though obviously it could be Danielson too. Quite happy if it's either of them really, infinitely better than a Davey set.

It was Jeff Hardy's nickname during his methhead induced heel run, though. Sure it wasn't exactly a Triple H 2000 style heel run, but it was pretty much established as his nickname.

Who knows if ROH even came up with the nickname, Could of been Steen. Although it started as Wrestlings Worst Nightmare.

Why not? Seems sensible that they'd capitalise on Punk's success at the moment, though obviously it could be Danielson too. Quite happy if it's either of them really, infinitely better than a Davey set.

Danielson or Punk, Doesn't really matter. Its going to be awesome!