Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

A three man commentary team for a pre-recorded 45 minute TV show would be a cluster fuck in my opinion. There would be a chance that there would be a big lack of focus in the matches with everyone trying to chip in with their opinion. Especially when Kevin Kelly and McGuinness are just finding their feet as a commentary duo. Nigel and Kelly are a fine pair together, and thats got a lot to do with their back and forth exchanges. One of the better things on the TV show. Adding someone else to the broadcast table would be a bad idea. Just keep Corino around. Put him in a midcard feud with Mike Bennett. Old scarred up wrestler vs arrogant dick who thinks he's better than he is has worked for the last 50 years. Corino should be an asset in the ring for ROH, to teach some of them how to pace their bouts better.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Anything really. like you said the guy's an asset- like how in the thread about boys in the back/locker room leaders he can be the go to guy with the years of knowledge, well can be? He is that bloke but yeah keeping him in a spot like that is what could really help these guys. Will they listen? or will they do stuff like that gif file shows?

I remember he and Bennet had a little program (few matches was it not?) and this was when the ROH Forum was still going and a lot of them shat all over it. I think a smart move by SBG was getting rid of that- yes connecting with the fans is great and can be brilliant market research but it can influence far too much as it was obvious. Also I've never minded Bennet, yeah hes green blah blah blah but the dude looks impressive, the tan, the build the looks etc (my only qualm is the last time i saw him his hair was always too long and looked a mess if your playing the whole entertainer/superstar/corporate dream kinda gimmick then you gotta look sharp as fuck!) Weird hang up but odd details bug me, I can let someone being a bit green or the odd botch slide as when I am watching wrestling I like the whole suspension of belief so I dont like the whole rating/critique attitude some fans have when watching it. So that would be a cool re-visit.

This has reminded me to watch it online, while I am bored at work today.

Cool story bro...

Funny reply bro.. :thumbsup:

It was more due to the fact I had previously kept forgetting to watch the episodes online and spoke about my lack of enthusiams for watching it on time. I guess I could of added that in my earlier comment via the edit but didn't. Also it seems they are taking the episodes "on the road" As the current episode that's available is from the Southern Defiance show in South Carolina, so is that the deal now a mix of the stuff specifically taped for TV shows and highlights from house shows on other episodes between? Might help with continuity, if this is the case.

Not sure how many of you have watched the 'Gateway To Honor' DVD but Kevin Kelly's commentary was terrible.

He once again called the wrong move the Lethal Injection. To make matters worse, Lethal actually shouted "LETHAL INJECTION!" before hitting the handspring cutter but Kelly insisted on calling the top rope elbow drop it too.

He then said that Generico had a World Title match against Davey Richards coming up at Death Before Dishonor. Huh?

And top top it all off, he persistently called the show 'Gateway of Honor'. I normally don't mind Kelly's commentary but this was a bit far!

Maria is now a serious character. That's fucking shit. They should have done the Evad Sullivan thing with El Generico and Mike Bennett could have been DDP. It was right there.

How very un-like Ring Of Honor to render something of any fun and humour.

011612-gbh.png

Great cover again, They really have stepped up with the covers!

Bloody hell! I had completely forgotten that this show had even taken place. I used to be a massive ROH fan but to say that my attention in the product has waned would be a massive understatement.

Does anyone remember if the show was any good? The line up is not that great considering Glory By Honor is/was usually one of ROH's bigger events of the year.

011612-gbh.png

Bloody hell! I had completely forgotten that this show had even taken place. I used to be a massive ROH fan but to say that my attention in the product has waned would be a massive understatement.

Does anyone remember if the show was any good? The line up is not that great considering Glory By Honor is/was usually one of ROH's bigger events of the year.

It's quite a strong card and I think general consensus from people that were there was that it was a good show.

011612-gbh.png

It's quite a strong card and I think general consensus from people that were there was that it was a good show.

Davey vs Generico and Bucks vs Briscoes really interest me. But the anything the Briscoes do at the moment interests me :laugh:

• Paid Members
This has reminded me to watch it online, while I am bored at work today.

Cool story bro...

Funny reply bro.. :thumbsup:

It was more due to the fact I had previously kept forgetting to watch the episodes online and spoke about my lack of enthusiams for watching it on time. I guess I could of added that in my earlier comment via the edit but didn't. Also it seems they are taking the episodes "on the road" As the current episode that's available is from the Southern Defiance show in South Carolina, so is that the deal now a mix of the stuff specifically taped for TV shows and highlights from house shows on other episodes between? Might help with continuity, if this is the case.

Not sure if it's going to be a regular tactic, but in this case the two weeks from house shows (plus two weeks of 'best ofs') was to get round the fact that they tape months in advance, but didn't want to do taping for January's shows before they did the December PPV, otherwise you'd have problems giving away who had the belts, etc.