Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I think I also thought of Jay as the babyface because he's the older one, where you can play the younger Mark as being "led astray".

Like he was by Chris Daniels eight years ago, when he joined The Prophecy.

Continuity AND consistency of character.

I would go for El Generico or Steve Corino as my left field choice! El Generico because he can have a main event caliber match against pretty much anyone And Cornio could play a heat drawing heel and carry a feud with his mic skills!

If it's only 2 or 3 months I suppose but I just don't 'feel' Generico in that role, and I wouldn't have Steve Corino in that role in a supposedly forward thinking workrate-minded promotion. As far as Hero taking the belt, I don't think he's the worst choice but it'd be a crime to break up the Kings at this point, there's plenty of mileage in them yet.

Jay Briscoe and Bryan Danielson remain my choices!

If it's only 2 or 3 months I suppose but I just don't 'feel' Generico in that role, and I wouldn't have Steve Corino in that role in a supposedly forward thinking workrate-minded promotion. As far as Hero taking the belt, I don't think he's the worst choice but it'd be a crime to break up the Kings at this point, there's plenty of mileage in them yet.

Jay Briscoe and Bryan Danielson remain my choices!

Totally agree with not breaking up the kings but I had two thoughts on this!

1. If Tyler Black not off till September plus the 2/3 month title reign that

• Paid Members

Generico certainly has the talent to be World Champion - but unfortunatly I don't think the fans see him as a credible figurehead for the company. I'd love to be proved wrong, as I think he's been ROH's most consistent performer since he started working there, but I can't see it happening.

Apparently the chances of Joe coming back to ROH are fairly slim (no pun intended) on the grounds of money.

What about Homicide? He's done bugger all in TNA for months and super over with the ROH crowd, surely he could come back for a big run? I can't imagine TNA caring enough to turn him down for a contract release.

Didn't he ask for his release but TNA said no so he tried to get himself fired by saying negative things about TNA in a few interviews but even that didn't work.

I just looked at the ROH Roster page it really is slim pickings! http://www.rohwrestling.com/roster.php

They need some fresh talent and fast! But who would you bring in??

I would go for John Moxley as a quick main event contender! His in ring work is pretty standard but he is a good story teller and great promo guy much like Eddy Kingston.

And maybe Egotistico Fantastico, Adam Cole and Jonathan Gresham to pad out the midcard

• Paid Members

I actually like the idea either of Generico winning the title for a VERY short run - in a defense sandwiched neatly between some more "obvious" threats to the title - just because it would be a hell of a shock, and a great "feel good" moment. Then terminate it within two or three weeks because as mentioned, you don't really hang your flag on Generico. Let Roddy then take it on, through Final Battle (bye bye Davey) and into 2011.

OR

Hero winning the title, but AS WELL as continuing as half of the Kings rather than instead of. Double shots can feature a Kings match one night and a Hero title match the other, and you can SLOWLY build a jealousy/split storyline between them.

• Paid Members

Homicide already tanked as champion once, it would be commercial and aesthetic suicide to put the belt on him again. If they wanted to bring a few guys in at once it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all invade as some kind of anti-ROH faction - "supposedly we're not good enough for the premiere indy promotion" etc. But Pearce doesn't have the imagination to pull something like that off.

• Paid Members
Homicide already tanked as champion once, it would be commercial and aesthetic suicide to put the belt on him again. If they wanted to bring a few guys in at once it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all invade as some kind of anti-ROH faction - "supposedly we're not good enough for the premiere indy promotion" etc. But Pearce doesn't have the imagination to pull something like that off.

I dont agree with this. The reason Homicide's run bombed was because the whole thing was about the chase, with him getting screwed over and finally making a pledge to win gold before the end of the year. The reaction was great when he finally won it at FB but from then on it lost all steam, a common fault when doing the 'underdog/mis treated chase' storyline in wrestling. Homicide has spent the last several years getting exposure from TNA and has taken part in some great matches as part of LAX and would be a worthy man to figurehead the promotion for a while at least.

• Paid Members

The problem I always had with Homicide, at least during his first ROH run, is that he was wildly inconsistent - he was capable of having MOTY candiates and absolute stinkers in the space of a few shows. It's probably a moot point anyway - as someone else said, he's been doing his best to get the boot from TNA, but they're not interested at the moment. I would like to see him back in ROH, as there's enough people there at the moment for him to have fresh matches with - Steen, Generico, King, Daniels, Richards, Edwards, Delirious to name six off the top of my head. But I'm still not convinced he'd make a great top-liner.

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49986/rin...t-ways.html?p=1

RING OF HONOR, BOOKER ADAM PEARCE PART WAYS

By Mike Johnson on 2010-08-15 19:41:49

Ring of Honor and booker Adam Pearce parted ways earlier today in what sources what told me was a decision made by ROH owner Cary Silkin. Pearce took over the book for the promotion in October 2008 after the departure of Gabe Sapolsky.

One source has told me that Delirious, with heavy input from Jim Cornette, will be handling the booking for the company going forward. I have not 100% confirmed that but it is making the rounds.

I have left word for both Cary Silkin and Adam Pearce and hope to get some sort of official comment from either when possible.

Wow. Imagine being a fly on the wall in a booking meeting with Cornette and Delirious. At least JC could probably get more sense out of him than a booking meeting with Vince Russo and Dixie Carter but either way.

• Paid Members
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49986/rin...t-ways.html?p=1

RING OF HONOR, BOOKER ADAM PEARCE PART WAYS

By Mike Johnson on 2010-08-15 19:41:49

Ring of Honor and booker Adam Pearce parted ways earlier today in what sources what told me was a decision made by ROH owner Cary Silkin. Pearce took over the book for the promotion in October 2008 after the departure of Gabe Sapolsky.

One source has told me that Delirious, with heavy input from Jim Cornette, will be handling the booking for the company going forward. I have not 100% confirmed that but it is making the rounds.

I have left word for both Cary Silkin and Adam Pearce and hope to get some sort of official comment from either when possible.

Wow. Imagine being a fly on the wall in a booking meeting with Cornette and Delirious. At least JC could probably get more sense out of him than a booking meeting with Vince Russo and Dixie Carter but either way.

So now delirious is book and head trainer? That's a good result from him considering he's the stalest wrestler on the roster that's not part of the Embassy. Hopefullly Cornette has some very heavy influence, mainly because I want to see what he can bring to the table in 2010.

Interesting to see what Delirious can do and which guys he will bring in. 2010 has been a very good year for ROH (admittedly Im only upto BFSE2 in April) so I am surprised Pearce has gone, Ive read that it was to do with who would become the next champion.

Personally love to see Chris Hero given the ball, plenty of fresh fueds leading ultimately to Hero v Claudio

• Paid Members

EDIT : More stuff....

ROH President Cary Silkin described the decision to remove Adam Pearce as Ring of Honor booker as an "amicable decision" in a phone conversation earlier today.

"We thank Adam for everything he brought to the table, but I decided to make a change. There were no problems between us. There was no blow-up and it's entirely possible he will return down the line either in front of the camera or in another backstage role."

Silkin confirmed PWInsider.com's report that Hunter "Delirious" Johnston would be taking over as the new booker of the company starting with this Fridays' ROH on HDNet TV Tapings. Silkin noted that Pearce would not be at the tapings, although I believe Pearce did offer to come in and help with the transition.

Silkin described Johnston as a "smart, respected, hard working person" and noted that Johnston would be running the back while Jim Cornette would continue to have influence on the HDNet Television product. Silkin also noted that the company is currently set in its direction and we shouldn't expect massive changes in direction, roster, etc. due to the change.

"Adam did a good job and I am believe Hunter will do the same."

Statement from Adam Pearce :

Oil and water don
Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter