Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

From PWInsider

SkullKrusher Rasche Brown took to twitter this evening to announce his departure from Ring of Honor, writing, "Just quit ROH.... good luck in your future endeavors. Remember, always remain in control! Keep it real 24 7"

An ROH source indicates that Brown was pulled from all ROH events earlier today after missing the HDNet tapings over the weekend. I believe it was a case of Brown quitting because he was removed from scheduled dates after offering to work this weekend in Charlotte and Richmond for free as a way of making up missing the tapings.

Ring of Honor announced Brown had signed a deal with the company in February 2010, so either he will sit out his contract or get a release.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some ROH roster changes in the weeks to come based on the recent booking change.

Well that sucks, he was one of few I enjoyed seeing on ROHTV. Wonder if WWE have any interest, he is at least better than some of the NXT guys we've seen this year.

• Paid Members

They did their best with Brown, but the fact that he couldn't actually wrestle was somewhat of a handicap.

The Briscoes resigning is a bad thing to be honest. They've pretty much done everything there is to do in ROH, and short of splitting the team up they can only get staler surely?

They did their best with Brown, but the fact that he couldn't actually wrestle was somewhat of a handicap.

The Briscoes resigning is a bad thing to be honest. They've pretty much done everything there is to do in ROH, and short of splitting the team up they can only get staler surely?

As a tag they have gone stale (if Benjamin/Haas stick around it might liven things up), but I think Jay has a lot to offer as a singles wrestler.

As a fan its reassuring to see someone semi-decent re-sign.

I was a bit suprised by this. Their matches with the Kings of Wrestling have been pretty good but beyond that they have done much of interest in ROH for the past year or so. Hopefully this does not mean they will be getting the tag belts again either.

• Paid Members

DG: USA - Open The Ultimate Gate

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

I just watched yesterday's video wire, and what a promo and change in character that was for Tyler Black! Its just a shame he doesn't have a few more dates to see his ROH career out.

You'd figure that Tyler would drop the belt to Roderick, or anyone else for that matter, but being ROH, I just can't be sure.

Remember that ingenious swerve when CM Punk was challenging Austin Aries for the ROH Title in his farewell match? That blew my mind, in a good way.

I would actually quite like to see Tyler Black leave ROH as champion, just because the ROH World title has never been vacated and I'd be interested in seeing what would happen.

• Paid Members

Well, while I've been keeping up with the ROH news through this thread, it's been awhile since I've been at an actual computer to post anything so here's some random stuff...

I'm mildly surprised by Tyler Black's WWE signing, but I'm guessing he'll be in developmental for a few months at least rather than appearing on TV any time soon. As for his ROH title reign, the pickings for successors are obviously slim, but it seems certain to be Roderick winning the belt in NYC doesn't it?

Adam Pearce's departure didn't shock me, purely because he's always seemed to have his fingers in plenty of NWA-related pies as well as the ROH booking job. I don't see the TV product, which has a fair rep as a stable, logical product, being affected that much by the change to Delirious being in charge as there's still Jim Cornette and the guy who used to work for WWE whose name escapes me formatting that show as well. I'm more interested to see if the lesser DVD shows get a shot in the arm as that'll be where Delirious can show a bit more flair (maybe).

The Briscoes re-signing presumably shows they're still too small and generally not WWE suitable, whether they will just keep performing for ROH at the same level, or look to do something different, or become demoralised at this point is what we'll have to wait and see next. Hopefully signing a contract with ROH means they are committed to the cause at least.

Rasche Brown seemed to still be stuck in the feud with the Embassy which is only just starting where I am on DVD (I've watched Final Battle 2009 and am about to start on 2010) and was obviously expendable even then, so as he clearly hadn't gone anywhere he won't be missed.

Hopefully I'll get some energy to get that FB2009 review up in the next day or two. Nice to see there's been some discussion ongoing here though (as well as the reviews DDD, keep up the good work...)

The Briscoes re-signing presumably shows they're still too small and generally not WWE suitable, whether they will just keep performing for ROH at the same level, or look to do something different, or become demoralised at this point is what we'll have to wait and see next. Hopefully signing a contract with ROH means they are committed to the cause at least.

What are the chances of the WWE not signing them being, at least partially, due to their injury record (at least where Mark Briscoes is concerned)? Wasnt part of the reason that Nigel Mcguiness ended up in TNA due to his concussion/injury history? Mark Briscoes injury history is pretty spectacular - topped off with the botched shooting star press to the floor a couple of years or so back.

Having just watched Death Before Dishonor 8, Im so glad the Briscoes are sticking around, their match with the KOW was one of the most enjoyable bouts Ive seen this year.

The main event is cracking also, but I still wish they'd switch the titles what with the build up and now with Tyler leaving it seemed a perfect time to give Davey the belt.

The DBD dvd is worth picking up just for the two title matches, plus as a bonus there is Buffalo Stampede 2 from the night before.