Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I didn't mind falling out of love with WWE over the past 5 years too much, because most other sensible adult fans hate the same things I hate.But if I also hate that angry fan clip which other sensible adult ROH fans find funny and tremendous ... is wrestling really not for me any more? :(

Can't be bothered doing a review for Round Robin Challenge II. I do want to mention a couple of things though.Is there any logical reason for EZ Money not getting used in ROH more ? The guy stood out any time he was in there and the Scramble on RR 2 was no exception.All of the Round Robin matches were good, although the Red matches were a bit samey. Red was great fun back then though, so samey for Red was still good.Homicide and Punk stole the show with a corker, and the TWA/Carnage Crew match is pure insanity.Underrated show for sure. Good from top to bottom.

I just watched Man Up.

In the opening minutes of the Briscoes vs Steen & Generico Ladder War when they were brawling in the crowd I suddenly thought to myself: I've never seen so many teenagers and blokes in their early twenties with beards.

Then I realised 3 of the 4 wrestlers in that match also had beards. The 4th man, Mark Briscoe is often sporting a goatee too.

I then looked at the back of the dvd cover and noticed a total of 22 of the wrestlers appearing on the dvd also have either full beards or goatees.

So that, and Keith Lipinski in the front row ignoring every other spot to write down what was happening, were things I kept noticing.

• Paid Members

I just watched Man Up.In the opening minutes of the Briscoes vs Steen & Generico Ladder War when they were brawling in the crowd I suddenly thought to myself: I've never seen so many teenagers and blokes in their early twenties with beards.Then I realised 3 of the 4 wrestlers in that match also had beards. The 4th man, Mark Briscoe is often sporting a goatee too.I then looked at the back of the dvd cover and noticed a total of 22 of the wrestlers appearing on the dvd also have either full beards or goatees.So that, and Keith Lipinski in the front row ignoring every other spot to write down what was happening, were things I kept noticing.

ROH - the official promotion for the hirstute

• Paid Members

Results from last night, pinched from the ROH forums...-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- a) Ernie Osiris & Rhett Titus over Sigmon & Ryan Dookieb) Dingo over Alex Payne1) Jay & Mark Briscoe over Jigsaw & "M-Dogg" Matt Cross when Jay pinned Cross following a Jay-Driller...No explanation on Ruckus being MIA. Jay on the mic afterwards tells the AOTF to 'Man UP!'2) Claudio Castagnoli over Adam Pearce following a Ricola Bomb~Return Date: June 27, 20083) Erick Stevens over Davey Richards and Austin Aries in the FIP World Heavyweight Title Match when Stevens pinned Davey with the Doctor Bomb. Post-match, Aries still refuses to shake hands.~Attendance seems up from the November show...Positive!4) The Hangmen Three of BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright over Delirious & El Generico in a No DQ Match. Albright kneed Generico into submission, as Pearce dragged Delirious to the back. Said to be an "Insane" match.~INTERMISSIONBack from the brief intermission, Jimmy Jacobs is out and invites Austin Aries to join the Age of the Fall.5) Daizee Haze over Lacey with a roll-up~AOTF reveal JOEY MATTHEWS/MERCURY as their mystery partner for the night. Briscoes are out and then fought to the back, while Matthews cuts a promo about WWE and Personal Demons....6) Roderick Strong & Rocky Romero over Jimmy Jacobs & Joey Matthews when Strong made Jacobs tap out. Post-match, Tyler Black called out Bryan Danielson7) Bryan Danielson over Tyler Black in 25+ minutes when Black hit a Phoenix Splash, but Danielson was able to take the splash momentum and roll it thru for the pin. Holic said it was easily an early MOTYC and another board member with considerable knowledge on the product sent me a message on his own to rave that "it was one of the Top 5 ROH matches I have ever seen."INTERMISSION to set up STEEL CAGE8) Nigel McGuinness retained the ROH World Title over Chris Hero in a Steel Cage Match. Nigel eeked out the win by making it to the floor first. Bobby Dempsey inadvertantly smashed Hero with the cage door and SnS beat Bobby down post-match.

~AOTF reveal JOEY MATTHEWS/MERCURY as their mystery partner for the night. Briscoes are out and then fought to the back, while Matthews cuts a promo about WWE and Personal Demons....

I'd be interested to hear what he said. Nothing too detailed mentioned on the ROH forum yet.

Ruckus missed last night's show and will miss tonight's show due to a serious enough illness that he had to be hospitalized. As a result The Vulture Squad team has been pulled from tonight's Ultimate Endurance in Chicago. Now the Dream Partner Tag Team Match pitting Austin Aries & Bryan Danielson vs. Erick Stevens & Jay Briscoe will go on in the first half of the card. The winning team will then join the Ultimate Endurance TONIGHT. Could one of these dream duos win the ROH World Tag Team Titles tonight?

Mark Briscoe vs. Joey Matthews is also now official for tonight. Briscoe wants revenge after Matthews' DDT'ed him on a chair last night.

Jigsaw will be in action tonight and his opponent has yet to be determined.

Tickets will be available at the door tonight at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago.

- ROHwrestling.com forum

Edited by A-DUB