Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

I am surprised, nay shocked to hear that Hero has been asked back to NOAH. Every match he wrestled on his first tour was met with a kind of appalled silence form the Japanese fans. I guess NOAH must take this relationship with RIng Of Honour pretty seriously...Great to see Claudio over though, and I imagine he'll do well.

• Paid Members

I think Daniels would be great, actually. It fits the TNA Daniels is fired storyline, the ROH Daniels quitting storyline, and as non-PPV shows it should be politically possible. I don't think Gabe will book Low Ki ever again.

I think Daniels or Ki would pull focus from Jacobs too much, they're both bigger "stars" than he is and might lessen his position as focal point of the group, as such I don't see either of them being the mystery man.

Edited by Pete Scott

• Paid Members

The Battle of St Paul Review - 27/4/2007

Rhett Titus vs. Michael Elgin - Elgin looks like a cross between Rhyno and Mantaur, while Titus has a Rick Martel gimmick going on, and seems to have borrowed Takeshi Morishima

I think Daniels or Ki would pull focus from Jacobs too much, they're both bigger "stars" than he is and might lessen his position as focal point of the group, as such I don't see either of them being the mystery man.

If the mystery man isn't as big of a star on the wrestling scene as Jimmy Jacobs, this isn't likely to be an earth-shattering debut. :bored:

January 24th: There will be an announcement this Saturday in Chicago about a new Japanese wrestler set to debut in ROH. We'll give you a hint. He's not from NOAH or Dragon Gate.

If it's any one of these I'l be incredibly happy, Kondo, Kensuke or Kota. Edited by Jun Kasai

January 24th: There will be an announcement this Saturday in Chicago about a new Japanese wrestler set to debut in ROH. We'll give you a hint. He's not from NOAH or Dragon Gate.

If it's any one of these I'l be incredibly happy, Kondo, Kensuke or Kota.
I doubt it'd be Kondo considering the ongoing relationship with Dragon Gate. Kota would get over in ROH well, but although as his matches in the GTV cup got some US hype, I odn't think he warrants a big announcement. Kensuke coming in would be given more hype, surely?