Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone see Martin Rogan/Sam Sexton last weekend? another cracking British Heavyweight fight.

Sam Sexton won the fight due to Rogan's eye sealing shut, and Sexton was possibly winning but it was an absolute war!! you don't see many heavyweight fights like this anymore (Rogan looked like he'd been hit by a car after the fight, he was a mess).

Martin Rogan is probably the most likable guy in British boxing, just a crazy, brawler. He's like a throwback to an old gypsy bareknuckle fighter. Always fun to watch.

I'd love to see Danny Williams/Martin Rogan. I know Williams blows hot and cold, but he seems to do his best stuff in brawls. I'd love to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Cotto vs Clottey was a good fight with plenty of incident.

It also featured good old Michael Buffer making a fuck up. He's announcing the socres and gives the first judge's verdict which is favour of Cotto, he then says "and Judge {insert name here} scores the bout, sorry I mean Judge {Insert name2 here} scores the bout....". At which point we know Cotto has won - if both remaining judges had it in Clotty's favour then the order wouldn't matter. Not Bret Clark bad but bad none the less.

• 4 weeks later...
what need does anyone have for 109 room-house?!

The best game of hide and seek in the world?

It's sad but he's spunked away over $200m apparently. I can't really feel that sorry for him I wish I had the chance to do that.