Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Did anyone see the Tyson Fury fight? I initially thought it was a joke but he looked half decent. Okay, his opponent was hardly any class at all but he showed the right skills. Moves fast for a big guy too. Wonder what he'll be like after a proper training camp.

Fury looked to do what tall guys don't do so he'll do well until his first loss and then some trainer will take away what made him a good fighter in the first place and turn him into a generic big man who everybody hates.

• Paid Members

ahhh well, another month, another fairly pointless Klitschko World Title fight.

I can't remember the last time Wladamir got hit, Rahman pretty much did a Sam Peter last night. He had no real gameplan and just stood there getting battered. Wladamir's jab is a weapon fighters just can't get around.

He has to fight Haye now, i think Haye's the only guy that will go after Klitchsko and try to make a fight of it.

Holyfield/Valuev next week :confused:

He has to fight Haye now, i think Haye's the only guy that will go after Klitchsko and try to make a fight of it.

At least that's what he says, until those jabs start hitting him on the nose.

Lots of people slag off Wlad, but what can he do? Rahman stopped moving after about 2-3 rounds when he realised he couldn't get past the jab, Klitschko did what he had to to win the fight, keep the guy at arms length and break his spirit then mix in powerful punches to put him away. He's not an exciting guy who'll stand and trade punches unless he has to, as when he does he gets knocked out. It's not his fault there's no one good enough to make him have to fight. Hopefully Haye will and we'll finally see an exciting heavyweight title match, but with his questionable punch resistance I wonder if he'll just give up after 50 jabs to the face like Rahman/Thompson did to avoid getting hurt, and fight to survive.

• Paid Members

i think with Haye though if he is getting tagged with the jab, he won't just stand there and take it. Haye will lose his temper and get wild, i think that's what makes it an exciting prospect. Wlad's jab just shuts people down, i don't think it will with Haye. I do however see Wladamir winning the fight.

It's come out in the last couple of hours that David Haye has signed to meet VITALI Klitschko next year, apparently this is the word from haye's own lips of a boxing radio show. I wish him luck, against Vitali he'll really need it, he's slightly bigger than Wlad, probably harder hitting, has none of his brothers chin issues and seems to really enjoy his job of inflicting pain on people. Haye has the speed advantage but he's got his work cut out for him.

An undecided venue in London. It is worth noting the only person claiming this bout is signed is Haye himself, and he's been known to talk as good a line of shit as anyone, so maybe it's just a figment of his imagination.

An undecided venue in London. It is worth noting the only person claiming this bout is signed is Haye himself, and he's been known to talk as good a line of shit as anyone, so maybe it's just a figment of his imagination.

Eh? WTF? Smack talk maybe but he has delivered in his career thus far. Even when he lost he learned a lesson so it turned out to be a win.

• Paid Members

I did like the round that was 54 landed shots to zero, but the HBO analyst still called it a 10-9.

Kinda sad that there was a world heavyweight title fight on Saturday night and I watched it on Monday morning having not only seen no spoilers, but barely even making an effort to avoid any.

Eh? WTF? Smack talk maybe but he has delivered in his career thus far.

Haye hasn't ever exagerrated things? Like this top contender he was going to fight that turned out to be Monte Barrett? Like all those guys who'd supposedly signed to fight him but pulled out, who then came back to say they'd never been talked to? Who knows what the actual truth is there, This fight has since been confirmed by Vitalis people, but I wasn't going to put it past Haye to be trying to force them into a fight by announcing it then making out like Vitali was backing out, or just use a name to grab himself some publicity. Kind of like he did here when he runs up on Wladimir while he's doing a charity fundraiser. Pure class.

Even when he lost he learned a lesson so it turned out to be a win.

Did I say he didn't? He's got a big mouth, and says alot of things that are embelished, to put it mildly, that's my point.

Haye hasn't ever exagerrated things? Like this top contender he was going to fight that turned out to be Monte Barrett? Like all those guys who'd supposedly signed to fight him but pulled out, who then came back to say they'd never been talked to?

All those guys? You're talking about the JD Chapman thing. They spoke to Joe DeGuardia about Kevin Johnson but then thought that Chapman was the better name. Chapman turned it down because there wasn't enough time to properly train but Adam Booth run his mouth, suggesting that Chapman agreed and then pulled out. Monte Barrett, who was ranked in the top 10 by the WBO, was the backup plan and so they took the fight. As I said, it was promoters just running their mouths. He got the "top 10 ranked heavyweight", just it wasn't who people thought he'd get.

Haye hasn't ever exagerrated things? Like this top contender he was going to fight that turned out to be Monte Barrett? Like all those guys who'd supposedly signed to fight him but pulled out, who then came back to say they'd never been talked to?

All those guys? You're talking about the JD Chapman thing. They spoke to Joe DeGuardia about Kevin Johnson but then thought that Chapman was the better name. Chapman turned it down because there wasn't enough time to properly train but Adam Booth run his mouth, suggesting that Chapman agreed and then pulled out. Monte Barrett, who was ranked in the top 10 by the WBO, was the backup plan and so they took the fight. As I said, it was promoters just running their mouths. He got the "top 10 ranked heavyweight", just it wasn't who people thought he'd get.

David Haye is self-promoted.