Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Harrison vs Rogan spoiler below

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

For those that want to know Rogan has bullied Harrison for 9 rounds so far and is looking like he will win on points. Harrison has been fighting like a bum no real combinations and rather then jabbing he has just sort of palmed out of distance with Rogan coming in with big shots and caught him every now and then. Dont think Rogan has threw a jab but he has threw loads of uppercuts and hooks to the body.

Harrison is fighting how he should have all fight in the 10th round now bit late maybe??

Edit :-

Yes it was the prize fighter champ has just beat Harrison with pure ball's and hart.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Deacon.Dispair

• Paid Members
I wish that Pascal would stop ducking so fucking low, last few big boxing matches I've seen at least one boxer will revert to this tactic and it just spoils it. You're here to fight, hold on but don't pussy out.

I dont get why boxers dont just throw Uppercuts when they keep doing it? If someone head is going down you hit it back up..

They get bollocked as it supposed to be above waist height only therefore the ducking tactic works to frustrating effect.

Props to both men, good slugfest and they took some absolute bombs.

Edited by Shaine

Idont get why boxers dont just throw Uppercuts when they keep doing it? If someone head is going down you hit it back up..

You would need to be fast. as you would need to readjust your stance which in your new position of delivering a Uppercut youll leave yourself open for more body shots. A ducked position is relatively safe as downward blows arent allowed.

Edited by bootcleaner

• Paid Members
Well done to Pascal and Froch but I thought it was a lot closer than 118-110.

Agree with that completely. one of the other judges went 116-112 and that was about right I thought.

A rematch would be good to see but if Froch has any sense he should stay away from Pascal. Look for an easier fight.

• Paid Members
Idont get why boxers dont just throw Uppercuts when they keep doing it? If someone head is going down you hit it back up..

You would need to be fast. as you would need to readjust your stance which in your new position of delivering a Uppercut youll leave yourself open for more body shots. A ducked position is relatively safe as downward blows arent allowed.

Yeah i just find that guys that duck do it all fight so if you threw a few uppercuts early on and catch them it might make them stop doing it. Mayweather did it vs Hatton, if Hatton had threw punch's that where his bread and butter in body shots then he would have been hitting Mayweather in the face instead of looking for that big shot. If you turn your back on a fighter the ref can DQ you i find ducking basicly a version of turning your back on a fighter. Nothing is wrong if you do it at a movement but if you just duck and stay there then the ref should have words.

Yeah i just find that guys that duck do it all fight so if you threw a few uppercuts early on and catch them it might make them stop doing it. Mayweather did it vs Hatton, if Hatton had threw punch's that where his bread and butter in body shots then he would have been hitting Mayweather in the face instead of looking for that big shot. If you turn your back on a fighter the ref can DQ you i find ducking basicly a version of turning your back on a fighter. Nothing is wrong if you do it at a movement but if you just duck and stay there then the ref should have words.

Without a doubt. Its hard to call though, which is why so many refs let it go. Lazy reffing. (runs for cover)