Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

problem easily solved then, watch Froch for nowt, then download the PPV the next day :D

Exactly thats what I plan to do. as for tonight, I'vejust got my stream set up and its working!

I never quite get why Dave Clark 'n co get dressed up smart in dickie bowes when they are sat in a studio in London, thousands of miles away :bored:

Edited by Sergio Bellend

The Prizefighter Final was absolutely amazing, and well worth the watch in the replays if anybody gets the chance.

It's nice to see two guys go out and try and knock each other giving it everything, as opposed to the hugfests (Audley Harrison, anybody) that we are more accustomed to these days,

Edited by Sergio Bellend

Can someone tell me what time the Ricky Fatton fight actually starts as I want some kip before hand.

Sky are saying 3.30, but I'd imagine probably closer to 4.00

Anyone got a decent stream for the Hatton fight?

yeah, there were some excellent ones at the start of the night, but as it has gone on streams have got less and less. This is working fairly well at the moment

I stayed up for this? Malignaggi didn't even want to fight, spoiled the whole lot and thankfully his corner pulled him out. Bull and shit, well done Hatton, didn't lose his rag and boxed superlative. Malignaggi had no answer, after the first round he didn't even have a clue.

I stayed up for this? Malignaggi didn't even want to fight, spoiled the whole lot and thankfully his corner pulled him out. Bull and shit, well done Hatton, didn't lose his rag and boxed superlative. Malignaggi had no answer, after the first round he didn't even have a clue.

Pretty much sums it up. Worth it I suppose to see Hatton win, but really, there was more Wrestling there (mainly in Malignaggi's part) than an episode of impact.

de la Hoya at Wembley Stadium next year=$$$$$$$$

A fight I'd like to see, and in person as well

• Paid Members

what a weird fight.

Mallignaggi was humiliated, i don't think he'll recover from that. I mean to get soundly beaten is one thing, but to have your corner pull you out, not so much because you're getting beaten up but because you have absolutely no chance of winning is a kick in the nuts.

Hatton did everything he needed to do, but it wasn't a fight. Mallignaggi had nothing to offer.

Malignaggi was just awful. Did he break his hand early on? He just wasn't throwing the right. I would actually prefer it if Pacquiao won against De La Hoya because I think it would be a better fight and could happen at 10st and not 10 1/2s, which is better for Hatton.

Light welterweight is a strange division. It just feels like there's Hatton and a bunch of bridesmaids. The only one who isn't damaged goods is Timothy Bradley, whose strange win over Junior Witter looks only stranger given that he hasn't fought anybody of any decent level and that he'd never fought 12 rounds before that fight. Malignaggi was second best to a heavily-protected Cotto, Torres third-best. Torres has dropped the WBO title to Kendall Holt and rematches with him soon. Andriy Kotelnik, surely no better than European champion level, is going to take on Marcos Rene Maidana, probably the most credible undefeated fighter in the division and Urango and Ngoudjo face off for the IBF title at the end of January in a match that Urango surely can't lose. It's just a bunch of names who have been shown not to be on the level of the top guys in the division, many of whom have moved on, or guys who have proved nothing.

• Paid Members

ive been thinking of actually buying the PPV next week, im off work and i get paid so i got some money to burn. Plus the buildup has been good. It would easy enough to just download it all on the Sunday, but the UK portion on Saturday night is intriguing.

been thinking though, it says it starts at 10pm, and with them advertising Macarinelli, Khan, Cook and Harrison to fight, what time is that going to be running until? it aint gonna be a late deal to compensate for US TV surely?

ive been thinking of actually buying the PPV next week, im off work and i get paid so i got some money to burn. Plus the buildup has been good. It would easy enough to just download it all on the Sunday, but the UK portion on Saturday night is intriguing.

been thinking though, it says it starts at 10pm, and with them advertising Macarinelli, Khan, Cook and Harrison to fight, what time is that going to be running until? it aint gonna be a late deal to compensate for US TV surely?

There's always the possiblity that the late start is due to US coverage of the Enzo/Jonathon Banks Title fight, but seeing as this only became the main event after Nicky Cook pulled out I'd say it's unlikely. I guess they just want less time between the end of the London bill and the start of the televised portion of the Vegas show.

As far as purchasing the PPV goes, I look upon it as a fairly good deal. You've got a top notch British card, followed by the biggest fight (at least $$$-wise) of the year for the same price as you may have paid for a weaker (IMO) all-British card in September. From a wider perspective, there is the over-saturation issue in that Sky are asking for

Edited by NML

Cook and Maccaranelli are off? Christ, I'm glad I didn't get tickets, I'd be so pissed off if I got Martin Rogan vs Audley Harrison and Amir Khan vs hard to pronounce Irish name guy for my money.