Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Witter just pissed away his title and any chance of a crack at Ricky Hatton. I don't know why he did virtually nothing, especially in the late rounds after the knockdown, he had to have know it was very close. He should have pressed the other guy but there were long periods where'd he'd just stand there, doing that barnacle bill the sailor thing with his arm, waiting for a counter punch oppurtunity. Against Vivian Harris, a much more established and experienced opponant, he pressed him and got the knockout. And entertained some people for once. Considering it took him until 34 years of age to get to this position I'd say his chances of getting back again are slim.

Witter was awful and I agree with what people are saying on how did he win on one of the judges cards! Even taking the knockdown out of the equation Witter would have struggled. Such a poor fight from him and it only adds ammunition for Hatton saying he won't fight him. Got what he deserved.

• Paid Members

Witter blew it.he's got that awkward style that many people dont seem to be able to deal with, but Bradley just walked through it...Witter still managed to bring up Hatton in the post-fight press though, there's no chance of that happening.

• 3 months later...
Ooooh...That was embarrasing. Where was his defence?Anyway.Anyone see the Ivan Calderon Vs Hugo Cazeres fight last week?Shit fight, Calderon was taking a bit of a beating but somehow managed to headbutt Cazeres's shoulder and popped the V shaped artery on his forehead, seriously it's the worst cut I've ever seen in boxing, when you saw it straight on the entire crowd did that "Ooooooooh!!!!" thing and you could see Calderon's skull through the split, it was bigger than a 50p piece.Very nasty.Can't find a pic or a vid of it anywhere but ungh! Poor fellah.