Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

The A-Force is back in action in order to realise his destiny as he takes on Ali Adams in a 10 rounder next month. The masochist in me wants Harrison to win and then call out Tyson Fury and they can have a titantic tussle as Tyson Fury can join the real Clash of the Titans which is any combination of Harrison/Williams/Sprott/Skelton.

I hate Ordinary Harrison! Big bag of Wind & Piss! :angry:

• Paid Members

Head to Head: Vitali Klitschko and Dereck Chisora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag4Vk4hyXvw...feature=related

good little vid, basically BoxNation's rip off of HBO's Face Off series.

and this...

'When Boxing Trainers Get Pissed'

No it's not about them having a heavy night on the ale, it's a compilation of trainers losing their rag when things go to pot. Teddy Atlas going mental at Michael Moorer is obviously there, and Emanuel Steward's outbursts at Jermain Taylor and Wladimir Klitschko are there.

But the reason to watch this is John Ruiz' trainer Norman Stone's hilarious meltdowns. It's embarrassing behavior for a cornerman but also fucking funny to watch.

I loved the way Roy Jones was just pissing himself on the commentary.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post

Just read that today would have been the 53rd birthday of Salvador Sanchez, one of the most exciting featherweights of the 70s and early 80s.

Weird for me, because I've recently been watching some of his stuff. I'd only seen 2 or 3 of his fights so I got a bunch more and gave them a look over the last few days. Hell of a fighter and a terrific hairdo..

Salvador_Sanchez.jpg

He died in a car crash in 1982 at the age of 23 at the height of his peak having just stopped Azumah Nelson in an excellent fight. One of boxing's tragedies, although his death wasn't a result of boxing.

Anyone not familiar with Sanchez I'd highly recommend seeking out some of his fights. I really enjoyed these in particular...

vs Danny Lopez 1 (2nd Feb 1980)

vs Danny Lopez 2 (21st Jun 1980)

vs Juan LaPorte (13th Dec 1980)

vs Wilfredo Gomez (21st Aug 1981)

vs Jorge Garcia (8th May 1982)

vs Azumah Nelson (21st Jul 1982 - Sanchez' last fight)

He died less than a month after beating Nelson. His record was 44-1-1. The 2 Lopez fights and the Gomez fight were my favourites of the above, brilliant. Fuck knows what classics he'd have went on to have. A fight with Alexis Arguello would have been golden.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

You should be able to get booze at the show yeah. Most, if not all arenas sell booze at live fight shows. All the UFC's and the one boxing show I've been to have. Have a good night :thumbsup:

Just seen this, LA Times reporting Khan vs Peterson 2 is looking likely...

393883_282795021783134_125504537512184_815291_1609995665_n.jpg

Obviously that's no 100% confirmation. If this doesn't happen I think we might get Marquez vs Peterson instead.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

anyone see the Erick Ochieng/Nick Quigley fight on the undercard of the Frampton bill last Saturday? if you're someone that likes to watch fights that take place 'in the phone booth', you need to check this fight out and absolute f'n war.

Anyone?

I didn't see it myself, watched the frampton fight and thought he looked quite impressive. Look forward to him and Quigg fighting before the end of they year. Ringside last week was good with Quigg's trainer having a few choice words for Mcguigan.

See Degale has left Frank Warren, so i would expect to see him back on sky shortly, unless he signs with hennessy, which if he does he would be on channel 5, either way it will be good to see his fights again for those who do not have access to Boxnation. Even if he does seem like a right cock.

• Paid Members

Haha yeah McGuigan's had a pop back aswell. I saw the Quigley fight but didn't wanna make another post in here until someone else did, the threads been a bit dead lately and I didn't wanna become the Dearly Devoted Dexter of the Boxing thread ;)

Cracking fight though, a real scrap. BoxNation's had a pretty quiet post Christmas period but things are picking up now and the next month or so should be good. And I know the Klitschko's can often be dull but after BoxNation's Head to Head interview I'm actually really looking forward to Vitali vs Del Boy. Chisora's done a good job building this fight imo. I think he'll lose but he's got me interested and I'll be rooting for an upset.

Also, I've seen rumours online that if the Khan vs Peterson rematch doesn't be made official soon then Khan might go to welterweight and fight Shane Mosley and Peterson could end up fighting Marquez.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm the same Ebb. I used to like McGuigan and I don't strongly dislike him now or anything but I dunno, there's something about him I don't really like.

I think for me it started with him bashing MMA around 2006/07. Fair enough if he doesn't like it, it's not everyone's cup of tea but he was so misinformed in his criticisms and he just seemed like such a sour old cunt about it. That would be fair enough but then when he ,met Dana White when UFC came to Ireland he was all nice about it then. Something about that didn't sit right with me. I thought he came across two faced.

And ever since then when he talks I notice little things he says that irritate me sometimes. I dont hate him and he's had some good fights, I still might buy his book aswell but I don't like him as much as I used to.

• Paid Members

i also plan on buying his book, i just feel there's something about him when he does broadcasting that comes across as wholy unlikable, he's very opinionated and i think he gets incredibly annoyed when anyone disagree's with him, it's gotten to the point where i want to see Frampton lose just to spite McGuigan.

...the little banter between him and Quigley's coach on Ringside added a little something extra to that potential fight though.

• Paid Members

Ha me too. I'm reading the No Holds Barred MMA book at the minute and I've got Roberto Duran, Ricky Hatton and Teddy Atlas' books sitting there unread aswell.

I recently finished Dark Trade: Lost in Boxing by Donald McRae. I think someone on here recommended it a while ago. Great book covering all sorts of stuff and guys like De La Hoya, Roy Jones, Eubank, Benn, Watson and Naz are all featured heavily. But he really captures Tyson and James Toney in great detail, I learned a lot about James Toney reading that book.

I was gonna get Ray Leonard's the other day but I heard it's disappointing and he doesn't really go into a lot of detail on a lot of stuff.

I was gonna get Ray Leonard's the other day but I heard it's disappointing and he doesn't really go into a lot of detail on a lot of stuff.

That was the most frustrating thing about Holyfield's book for me. Roberto Duran's "Hands Of Stone" is still my favourite though i think i'll check out Dark Trade : Lost In Boxing to read on my next holiday.