Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Just an opinion but this whole move to heavyweight has been troubled from day one. When you're pulling for somebody, you try and ignore it but it has. When he beat Maccarinelli, the talk was of him taking six months away to put on 20-30 lbs of muscle to give him a genuine heavyweight's physique. At the time, he was going into fights at around 215-220lbs and they wanted him up at 240lbs at least so he wouldn't be muscled. However, it seemed like he just couldn't keep the weight on and weighed in against Monte Barrett eight months later at 215lbs. He fought a solitary bout at heavyweight before fighting Mormeck and he weighed 217lbs, suggesting at the time he prepared for the fight as if it was at cruiserweight. His weight has been up and down a little due to injuries but for the last two fights, he was lighter than he was at cruiserweight. And he's not throwing the way he used to at cruiserweight either. His output has dropped considerably, which manifested itself this evening, where Klitschko got on the front foot and won rounds through hard work.

• Paid Members
gutted for haye but klitschko deserved it, having said that why did he need to keep throwing haye to the deck?

It was 50/50 Haye took a few dives trying to get some points removed from Klitschko. Ive said Haye needs to drop the light-heavyweight. Now time for the UFC :)

Light heavy in boxing is between 168-175lbs so I doubt Haye would make that weight. He fought most of his career at cruiserweight.

I have a sig?

Sorry I mean avatar. Brett Rogers is a scumbag wife-beater.

I didn't even hear about this. However, I now want his mugshot instead.

brett-rogers-mug-shot-530x319.jpg

Brett-Rogers-mugshot-100x100.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

On the fight, it was pretty good. Better than I expected going in. Wlad was just too much for Haye. Like most of Klitschko's opposition he couldn't find an answer for that big jab and Wlad was pretty much picking him off with the old one two. Haye went for it a bit in the 12th but I'd have liked to have seen him try that from around the 9th or 10th. Too little too late.

The broken toe thing came off as poor sportsmanship to me. His toe did look fucked but bringing that up made him look worse imo. One broken toe wouldn't be the entire reason he lost, he'd have been better off just saying 'yeah I lost, I'll come back stronger...' or whatever.

Good fight though and the atmosphere was amazing. Liked the little mind games from Haye making him wait and stuff.

• Paid Members

^ no problem :)

Forgot to mention this but did anyone else notice James Thompson and Mustapha Al-Turk in Haye's posse in the walkouts?

And Tyson's looking trim, he was a right lard arse not too long ago.

Did anyone seriously see this fight going any other way? Apart from Haye continually throwing himself to the canvas (I'm glad that one of the occasions got counted as a knockdown) I wasn't surprised with how it went.

You can shake your shoulders and chat away to your opponent all you like, but when it's someone like Wladimir who is a superb technical boxer, and who's way too smart to get riled up by your banter you're never going to get anywhere.

Just as I thought, Haye isn't a world class heavyweight. Hopefully he fucks off now.

Don't be ridiculous. Beating Valuev made him a world-class heavyweight.

The only thing ridiculous is that statement. Valuev is a fucking joke.

Wladimir beat Haye with ease. At no point was he ever troubled. In fact, he got a tougher fight from Samuel Peter.

If anyone gets the chance, catch the US broadcast of the fight. They spend 90% of their time laughing at Haye.

On the fight, it was pretty good. Better than I expected going in. Wlad was just too much for Haye. Like most of Klitschko's opposition he couldn't find an answer for that big jab and Wlad was pretty much picking him off with the old one two. Haye went for it a bit in the 12th but I'd have liked to have seen him try that from around the 9th or 10th. Too little too late.

The broken toe thing came off as poor sportsmanship to me. His toe did look fucked but bringing that up made him look worse imo. One broken toe wouldn't be the entire reason he lost, he'd have been better off just saying 'yeah I lost, I'll come back stronger...' or whatever.

hGood fight though and the atmosphere was amazing. Liked the little mind games from Haye making him wait and stuff.

On the fight, it was pretty good.

Good fight though

Well i thought the fight was pretty shite! How much of what Haye promised did he actually deliver?

Well i thought the fight was pretty shite! How much of what Haye promised did he actually deliver?

Did you actually think he was going to deliver what he said? He was doing his best to make sure that people bought the fight and made him money.

Don't be ridiculous. Beating Valuev made him a world-class heavyweight.

The only thing ridiculous is that statement. Valuev is a fucking joke.

Wladimir beat Haye with ease. At no point was he ever troubled. In fact, he got a tougher fight from Samuel Peter.

If anyone gets the chance, catch the US broadcast of the fight. They spend 90% of their time laughing at Haye.

Why is it when people talk about boxing, they turn into utter haters? I watched the Sam Peter fight, Peter was soundly beaten.

Seriously, can we have sensible discussion here, rather than the sort of emotive boxing fan bullshit we can get anywhere else?

Did you actually think he was going to deliver what he said? He was doing his best to make sure that people bought the fight and made him money.

You are aware of how boxing works, yeah?

Well i realise that he was hyping the fight,What i did not realise was that he was talking 100% Bollocks! The main point i was trying to make was that IMO the fight was fairly rubbish, Which contradicted the opinions of the other poster.