DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

The Edukators

A German film about 3 young 20 somethings who want to change the Western world through infiltrating rich people's homes and reorganising there stuff and leaving them notes such as "you have too much money". Doesn't sound like a great film but this was good stuff all the way, the story developed into a really thought out and well put across view on the Western obsession with money and displayed interesting thought patterns of the 60s hippie generation and how they're the ones in charge voting conservative with all the money. Also had a very tender and realistic love story/triangle in there and the ending was brilliant.

9/10

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donnie wwf

Final Destination 3 - Very enjoyable.. for me with Destination films its all about the death scenes and FD3 had the goodies. Cool shit, check it out!

• Awards Moderator

I watched The Aristocrats on DVD over the weekend, which I know was mentioned earlier in the thread (Seven said it I think). It's about 75 comedians telling the same joke in a different way.

Sounds odd but after about fifteen minutes of settling into it and 'getting it' it becomes absolutely hilarious as comedians ranging from Eddie Izzard to Gilbert Gottfried to Whoopi Goldberg displaying their respective genius. I heartily recommend the DVD to hoover up the generous extras packed with extra gags (George Carlin's Dirty Doctor comes highly recommended).

I'd be quite interested in seeing a more UK-centric version of this too.

Guest Robbie F'ing D

Capote - Great film. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is fantasic as writer Truman Capote. A Terribly sad film about the conflict of loyalty, friendship and justice.A Cock and Bull Story - Funny as hell, a must for any Coogan or Brydon fan. A very well constucted and clever comedy.I loved the Pacino impressions as the credit rolled.Breakfast on Pluto - A fun little film. About identity, sexuality and flared trousers. Cillian Murphy is great but I didn't think he looked all that like a woman!??!?! Really realisic use of the backdrop of war torn Ireland.

Love, Honour and Obey

An enjoyable film, I've been watching the 1st and 2nd Series of Operation Good Guys over the past couple of days and this is made by the same people and has pretty much the same cast, with a few extra actors in, it's a British gangster flick but don't look at it in the same way as Lock Stock etc because it's different. It's completely improvised and if you like Operation Good Guys then you'll like this film as it contains the same sort of absurd and juvenile humour.

8/10

• Paid Members

Final Destination 3 - Very enjoyable.. for me with Destination films its all about the death scenes and FD3 had the goodies. Cool shit, check it out!

I saw this on Friday evening. How gory?? Very enjoyable though.I want to go to the cinema tonight, anything else good on at the moment?

I saw this on Friday evening. How gory?? Very enjoyable though.I want to go to the cinema tonight, anything else good on at the moment?
If you haven't seen Brokeback Mountain watch it. It's brilliant.

Tenebrae

A good film, with an interesting and enjoyable story, but not really good enough given its praise as a great movie or a masterpiece. The action (death) scenes are inconsistent - some are pretty unimpressive (and are over-acted), while some are very good. There is no real flow to the film for the most part, as it seems to jump around a lot, and the dubbing is off and really poor at times. You are left guessing until the end (as to who and why), but I had an idea of the killer from just watching the trailer. On the whole, Tenebrae hasn

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

Funny you should say that, I've just been reading about this film on IMDB.
Is the gay sex explicit in Brokeback Mountain? I don't fancy sitting in an empty cinema whilst two cowboys are rodeo-ing each other.I must see it however.

• Paid Members

Is the gay sex explicit in Brokeback Mountain? I don't fancy sitting in an empty cinema whilst two cowboys are rodeo-ing each other.I must see it however.

From what I've read about the film, no it's not.

Funny you should say that, I've just been reading about this film on IMDB.
No, it's not explicit, its a bit aggressive and quite sexual though. You do see Anne Hathaway and Michelle Williams' norks though so it evens out.