DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Drag Me To Hell: Not as amazing as it's being pimped out to be, but still one of the more superior horrors of recent years and it does enough to sway you from angering any gypsies.

Coraline: I really didn't see much popping out at me in terms of 3-D. When I said this to a mate, he said I need to look out for it, which I though was redundant what with needing to wear the stupid glasses to watch the thing. 3-D aside, it begins a tad slow but is quite decent once it gets rolling. At times it felt more like a feature length episode as opposed to a film, but a good one at that.

• Paid Members

I'm currently watching Thunderbirds. So far, in it's favour is Bill Paxton is in it. Against it is everything else.

Kirano is now Indian? But his daughter Tin Tin is now hispanic?

The Tracey brothers look like a horrendously effeminate boy band.

Good soundtrack though (the Hans Zimmer stuff, not fucking Busted).

Brains has been replaced by Anthony Edwards doing a shit Arkwright impression.

I'm currently watching Thunderbirds. So far, in it's favour is Bill Paxton is in it. Against it is everything else.

I think they were trying to make a film for the generation that hadn't even really heard of the original show.

I would love a live action movie of Stingray or Captain Scarlett

• Paid Members

About an hour into it, and it's not improved. Bill Paxton is little more than an extended cameo.

I remember reading something in Gerry Anderson's biography about them wanting to hire him to oversee creative input, but then ignoring him. I'm pretty sure he's divorced himself of any involvement in the fillm too.

Meh. Another "martial arts" fight scenes that involves little besides doing somersaults on wires.

• Paid Members

Update:

WTF???

The Hood's just been doing a "I find your lack of faith disturbing" type force choke on Alan, and then there's suddenly a random Chewbacca sound!

Fuck this film. I'm going to watch something with tits in it. Or Sinbad.

• Paid Members

I think they were trying to make a film for the generation that hadn't even really heard of the original show.

I would love a live action movie of Stingray or Captain Scarlett

Yeah they made a big mistake not focussing the movie on the actual Thunderbirds themselves. They focussed it on Alan who was portrayed as a boy trying to become a thunderbird, but I'm sure kids would rather of just seen the REAL Thunderbirds just going at it. Shame.

A Clockwork Orange: I remembered seeing a bit of this years ago and just thinking it was weird, but I've been enjoying weird films recently so I bought a copy. Great film, still very very weird but in a British way. I love the odd have russian half slang that the main characters use. I really want to get a copy of Brazil now, but they didn't have it in HMV.

Good film... I might give it a watch again soon.

I watched Finding Nemo at the weekend as well as Night at the Museum through the week seeing as theres now a sequel. Agree with the gentle comedy aspect, though I did get distracted with so many faces from so many places.

I've not got Spaced series one to rewatch, the last Indiana Jones film to see if it's really as bad as people say (I never paid for it, so it's all good either way), the Wrestler on DVD to rewatch and Stargate's Ark of Truth which I got from LoveFilm a week ago and haven't had time to see yet.

I shall have an entertaining few days.

A Clockwork Orange: I remembered seeing a bit of this years ago and just thinking it was weird, but I've been enjoying weird films recently so I bought a copy. Great film, still very very weird but in a British way. I love the odd have russian half slang that the main characters use. I really want to get a copy of Brazil now, but they didn't have it in HMV.

Good film... I might give it a watch again soon.

I watched Finding Nemo at the weekend as well as Night at the Museum through the week seeing as theres now a sequel. Agree with the gentle comedy aspect, though I did get distracted with so many faces from so many places.

I've not got Spaced series one to rewatch, the last Indiana Jones film to see if it's really as bad as people say (I never paid for it, so it's all good either way), the Wrestler on DVD to rewatch and Stargate's Ark of Truth which I got from LoveFilm a week ago and haven't had time to see yet.

I shall have an entertaining few days.

Nemo - Great

Spaced - Great

Indie - Good

The Wrestler - Great

Stargate - I hate Stargate

Should be a fun few days for you.

Drag Me To Hell: Not as amazing as it's being pimped out to be, but still one of the more superior horrors of recent years and it does enough to sway you from angering any gypsies.

Coraline: I really didn't see much popping out at me in terms of 3-D. When I said this to a mate, he said I need to look out for it, which I though was redundant what with needing to wear the stupid glasses to watch the thing. 3-D aside, it begins a tad slow but is quite decent once it gets rolling. At times it felt more like a feature length episode as opposed to a film, but a good one at that.

Did you have your 3d glasses on funny? There was loads of stuff popping out of the camera. They didn't over do it, which I really liked, but there was definately a lot of 3d use.

I'm off to see drag me to hell tonight, I'm looking forward to it.