DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

"The Happening" has to take the Razzie. Disaster Movie/Meet the Spartans barely even counts. You can critically pan these pieces of shit as much as you want, but nobody expects anything from them anyway and it almost seems reduntant to point out that they're rubbish. "The Happening" on the other hand was supposed to a be a return to form for the exceedingly overrated Shyamalan, and it was absolute garbage on every conceivable level.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Happening" has to take the Razzie. Disaster Movie/Meet the Spartans barely even counts. You can critically pan these pieces of shit as much as you want, but nobody expects anything from them anyway and it almost seems reduntant to point out that they're rubbish. "The Happening" on the other hand was supposed to a be a return to form for the exceedingly overrated Shyamalan, and it was absolute garbage on every conceivable level.

I don't think "exceedingly overrated" even begins to cover it. Sixth Sense was great, but by the time Unbreakable came about, you could tell by his press interviews, that he thought he was the "man". The arrogance / complacency is what led to the downward spiral (literally) from the first picture to the Happening.

I think it is very rare that Hollywood directors "lose" a position, lose the funding from the large studios. Most simply choose to leave the system and enjoy the fruits of their labour / go independent. But I can see M. Night being shafted. How many studios can now cue up to give this man millions? I think the independent scene will come calling...

Seven Pounds.. i love Will Smith but could not watch this film again

way too depressing

Really?

I would have thought it would be one of those films that seeks to inspire and actually cheer you up after you've had a good cry.

Nope, im not one of those people who always enjoys the happy ending either but this film has zero inspiration

Seven Pounds.. i love Will Smith but could not watch this film again

way too depressing

Really?

I would have thought it would be one of those films that seeks to inspire and actually cheer you up after you've had a good cry.

I'd always assumed you were male Steveo.

What makes you think otherwise?

• Paid Members

I finished Heroes, I have no more Weeds until the other box sets arrived and I needed some bed time viewing. God bless you elegia...

The Social Climber

Jennifer Love Hugetits (LOL!) stars in what moronic critics quoted on the cover have described as "Clueless for the twentysomethings" and "Sex and the city meets Bridget Jones' diary". I take issue with both of these comments. Firstly, I'm a twentysomething and I like Clueless. The film really isn't much like Clueless at all. Alicia Silverstone in Clueless actually is a spoiled rich girl, whereas Jennifer Jugs Hewitt (LOL!) is one of those wannabe socialite types who desperately tries to keep up a facade of wealth and sophistication. Second, the only connection to Bridget Jones is that they have this tacked on gimmick where she occasionally documents how much she has spent on a particular scheme in a narrator type fashion, and she is supposed to be reading this from a tax return diary thing as suggested by her accountant (who is in prison, being regularly raped if the very subtle implications in the movie are to be believed). Also, no critic should ever use that "... meets ..." device. It's really rather lazy.

I must say, she has been blessed with a more than adequate set of chest pillows.

I presume this is taken from the book on which this masterpiece is based. I never, ever want to read this book. The only connection to Sex and the City is, again, the annoying narration. Also she has two insufferably clich

I hate the "English" release title of that movie. I was quite the JLH fan a few years back so got the DVD from the states. I was even a member of a JLH fan forum where some guy from the UK called "Trotter" would daily post pictures of her with love letters etc...

I just went for the wank tank:

36417.jpg

• Moderators

So it's a painfully cracked-forumesque length set up for a Mastercard Advert payoff, with tits?

I'm there.

Go on. Pass the DVD on. You're done with it now.

edit: And now I'm reading the wiki page on the Mermaid Problem from Full Moon's sig. This is a good morning.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Aha, I have read up on it now. It was made for TV. I am eagle-eyed indeed. :D

The full title is Confessions of a sociopathic social climber". That doesn't make it any better though. Still, y'know, boobs and that.

Hage, the DVD is mine, I will be making full use of the chapter selection function.

Hage, write up "The Birdo problem" forthwith. She has no orifices other than the obvious, and that can't be how you make whoopee. Please clarify.

Edited by JLM