DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

I lied when I said I was going to try and end my run of shit films, ended up watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall...Really must try harder

Haha I went to the cinema to see that. Can't say it's the worst film I've seen... but then nowhere near the radar of what I'd call a good movie.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a great film. And Klown grouping it with genuine shite films like Step Brothers and Be kind rewind is just offensive!I actually watched it again a few days after I watched it originally because I liked it so much. I laughed out loud numerous times and all the actors do a great job, even Russel Brand gets more likeable as the film goes on. Mila Kunis looks fucking gorgeous and you get to see Jason Segel's penis numerous times. What more could you want in a film!Obviously if you like any of the Judd Apatow productions then you need to see this and you'll like it. Its a pretty predictable rom-com but its a real funny film, I loved it.7.5/10

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lied when I said I was going to try and end my run of shit films, ended up watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall...Really must try harder

Haha I went to the cinema to see that. Can't say it's the worst film I've seen... but then nowhere near the radar of what I'd call a good movie.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a great film. And Klown grouping it with genuine shite films like Step Brothers and Be kind rewind is just offensive!I actually watched it again a few days after I watched it originally because I liked it so much. I laughed out loud numerous times and all the actors do a great job, even Russel Brand gets more likeable as the film goes on. Mila Kunis looks fucking gorgeous and you get to see Jason Segel's penis numerous times. What more could you want in a film!Obviously if you like any of the Judd Apatow productions then you need to see this and you'll like it. Its a pretty predictable rom-com but its a real funny film, I loved it.7.5/10
I gotta say I'm with Klown on this one, couldnt stand Forgetting Sarah Marshall, rom com by numbers and just generally dull, too long and not funny enough.

• Paid Members

I gotta say I'm with Klown on this one, couldnt stand Forgetting Sarah Marshall, rom com by numbers and just generally dull, too long and not funny enough.
The last two reviews you have posted have changed after you watched the film a second time. You should give it another try.

The last two reviews you have posted have changed after you watched the film a second time. You should give it another try.
Thats true, and I have seen this one twice and just doesnt do it for me bro. I am going to see Pineapple Express for a second time tonight and I know my opinion wont change on that, its hilarious.

forgetting sarah marshall i thought was damn funny. Jason Segel was fuckin great.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASSTSH!"

not your typical rom com but thats why i liked it so much.

Agreed, Taken was a pure bag of cheese. Great fun especially if you like watching Liam Neeson beating people up which, lets face it, who doesn't?

How old's Neeson?I can imagine him to be one of those who looks old but is actually quite young.Looks a cool film though

• Paid Members

they've already announced a sequel to The Strangers (the movie was a success at the box office)...i really liked the movie, it's a simple premise but i found it very effective in the cinema (dunno if the tension will carry over at home). as for the ending, it's clearly there to set-up a sequel. I can imagine the dvd having a more definitive closer of an ending as a deleted scene.

• Paid Members

went to the cinema today to recover from a hard round of beers last night...

Righteous Kill - sold as the De Niro/Pacino movie. I really enjoyed it, i wasn't expecting much (reviews have been pretty harsh), but it's a decent cop/detective/serial killer movie. Obviously everyone is expecting some massive crime epic but it's not that kind of movie. There's a swerve in there that i didnt see coming at all, so that was pretty cool and the ending was kind of Heat reversed. As for Pacino/De Niro, they seem on auto-pilot, there's nothing really to make the roles stand out from some other of the generic cop movies they've been in in recent years, it's nice to see em up on screen together though. Nothing spectacular, but enjoyable.

Tropic Thunder - hit and miss comedy (all these type of ones are) but there was some classic laughs in this. Tom Cruise cameo is every bit as funny as id heard, for a guy who supposedly is so serious and has been ridiculed in the press recently, he comes in and gives the most outrageous performance he's ever done. The story and whatever doesn't mean shit, but that besides the point, this is just movie stupidity and it was pretty fucking funny.