DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donnie wwf

Jarhead - Would of liked to of seen more action but overall a pretty decent war film which is very character based rather than action based. Some great acting with a fairly good story3.5

Edited by donnie wwf

• Paid Members

Friday 13th Part 6 - Jason Lives - been banging in all the Friday 13th movies recently, this was one was pretty much a run of the mill slasher flick, Jason just obliterates campers for fun...not as gory as a few of the earlier films, pretty cool though, one of the poorer endings in the series too.

Friday 13th Part 7 - The New Blood - woooo, part 7...first hour is Jason slashing the fuck outta teenagers as usual, its kinda boring again the gore factor is low so you dont really get to see much. Then the last half hour is fucking awesome, Jason takes on the bird with telepathic powers or someshit and he gets the shit kicked outta him, burnt, roof on his head, nails in his face, hung, electrocuted, glassed, shot, drowned...it all happens in the last half hour and the guy keeps coming back for more. Brilliaint stuff, some peeps see this as the worst of the 10 (or 11 if you count Freddy Vs Jason) movies, for the first hour they could be right, but the last half is a fucking blast. Awesome!

Jarhead

Brilliant, the story was clever to do a war film without any action and you could sense that the makers were aiming for a high plateau of filmmaking. It's impossible not to evoke some emotions as you watch these characters go insane in the hot desert and are dying to kill something. It took me on a journey and it's based on a book thats a true story and that helps to understand the feeling that the character's are going through because it's true.

I really liked it.

• Paid Members

Friday 13th Part 6 - Jason Lives - been banging in all the Friday 13th movies recently, this was one was pretty much a run of the mill slasher flick, Jason just obliterates campers for fun...not as gory as a few of the earlier films, pretty cool though, one of the poorer endings in the series too.Friday 13th Part 7 - The New Blood - woooo, part 7...first hour is Jason slashing the fuck outta teenagers as usual, its kinda boring again the gore factor is low so you dont really get to see much. Then the last half hour is fucking awesome, Jason takes on the bird with telepathic powers or someshit and he gets the shit kicked outta him, burnt, roof on his head, nails in his face, hung, electrocuted, glassed, shot, drowned...it all happens in the last half hour and the guy keeps coming back for more. Brilliaint stuff, some peeps see this as the worst of the 10 (or 11 if you count Freddy Vs Jason) movies, for the first hour they could be right, but the last half is a fucking blast. Awesome!

I lost count after Friday the 13th 3--D. The one with the subtitle "Jason takes Manhattan" is probably the worst one I've seen but it has a pretty nifty box cover.80.jpg

Well i got to Recommend The DVD Box Set Of the 1970,s T.V Series Thriller, 43 episodes on 16 discs. Loads of stars American and English and stories ranging from Horror to Murder stories.Each story runs for 70 mins, so you get a sort of mini film..one i saw today was called Nursie Will Make it Better, it starred Patrick Troughton, (Dr Who 2) Ed Bishop (U.F.O) and Diana Dors who is a Collector of Souls for the Devil. Her Fight With Patrick Troughton, over God v Devil is excellant.Also lots of Humour..when a girl finds she can walk again after a Pact With the Devil her Father says " Thank God" ..Diana Dors Looks up in the air and says..."I dont think so" and then looks down lolIts a bit Expensive, but worth everypenny.

• Paid Members

Jason takes Manhattan is the biggest lie in movie history. He's only in Manhattan for about 10 minutes. But ~~~~ for the boxing scene.Though I do have a soft spot for all the Jason films, they make me laugh more than any comedy. The horrible dialouge, retarded attempts at "cool kids" and the jokes are so shit they are funny and everything is ridiculous and the kills are fantastic (even in the later movies where alot of the violence is cut).Though chapter 4 the New Beginning is probably my favorite, it has made me laugh more than every Mel Brooks film combined.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Jason takes Manhattan is the biggest lie in movie history. He's only in Manhattan for about 10 minutes. But ~~~~ for the boxing scene.

He spends most of the time on a boat to Manhattan doesn't he?Could somebody give me all of the Friday the 13th titles plus groovy subtitles? IMDB.com takes an age on here.

• Paid Members

Friday The 13thFriday The 13th 2Friday The 13th 3-DFriday The 13th Chapter IV The New BeginningFriday The 13th Chapter V Jason LivesFriday The 13th Chapter VI The New BloodJason Takes Manhattan: Friday The 13th Part VIIJason Goes To Hell: Friday The 13th Part VIIIJason XFreddy vs. Jason

I saw a preview showing of Munich earlier. A very good (Steven Spielberg) film, but flawed. A good story, some good acting (Eric Bana is good, while Daniel Craig shows promise as being a good James Bond), and some good action scenes. The dialogue is not too good at times though, alot of the stuff in the film is too silly (for a film which I felt should have been serious), there are no characters to like or care for (and they are pretty much face-less & name-less), and it pretty much turns into Ronin alot of the time. It is also too long at 2 hours 45 minutes. It will win awards (Oscars), but I think there are films which were more deserving.

(***1/2)

Enduring Love

An interesting film, with a good cast (Daniel Craig, Samantha Morton, Rhys Ifans, Bill Nighy), good acting, and a good story. The movie has a very good start and a great sequence of events near the end, but not alot really happens in the middle, it is slow paced for the most part, and some questions are left unanswered in the end. Interesting and engaging at times, but not enough to allow me to recommend the film.

(**1/2)

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

The Last Boy Scout - im a Tony Scott fan, and anything written by Shane Black is guaranteed entertainment so this just made for one of the wittiest action movies ever. Bruce Willis is at his dry best in this film and some of the action sequences are great (especially the car chase ending with the car in the swimming pool). Classic action movie.

Friday The 13thFriday The 13th 2Friday The 13th 3-DFriday The 13th Chapter IV The New BeginningFriday The 13th Chapter V Jason LivesFriday The 13th Chapter VI The New BloodJason Takes Manhattan: Friday The 13th Part VIIJason Goes To Hell: Friday The 13th Part VIIIJason XFreddy vs. Jason

No, it goes:Friday The 13thFriday The 13th 2Friday The 13th 3-DFriday The 13th Part IV: The final chapterFriday The 13th Part V: A new beginingFriday The 13th Part VI: Jason lives.Friday The 13th Part VII: The New blood.Friday The 13th part VIII: Jason takes Manhattan.Jason goes to Hell: The Final Friday.Jason XFreddy vs. Jason.Sorry for correcting you. Edited by Ashley

Went to yet another preview showing tonight, Steve Coogan's latest film A Cock and Bull Story. A very good film, with some very funny scenes (if you get a chance to see it, then hot chestnut and foetus), a good cast (Coogan, Rob Brydon, Ronni Ancona, Shirley Henderson, Dylan Moran, David Walliams, Stephen Fry, Ashley Jensen, Jeremy Northam, Mark Williams, Gillian Anderson - most are under-used however), an interesting story (a film within a film!), and about 50% of the film involving Coogan and Brydon insulting each other. The cinema had about 10 people in, and my brother didn't seem to like the film (but he liked Fantastic 4 so what does he know!), but I did and I would really recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Coogan (or Rob Brydon) and just wants to have a laugh.

(***1/2)