DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Seen "Missing in Action 2", which is scarily the first Chuck Norris film I have in my collection.A very underrated action film with tons of bombs and shooting which I like. Its like Platoon but with Chuck Norris.

Bit bored so I was mooching around the earlier part of the thread. That may be just about the funniest thing I have ever read. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Sig worthy methinks

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Ratatouille on DVD last night - good stuff again from pixar, truly amazing animation, but it still doesnt beat Toy Story for my as fave animated film.Watched a fair few other films recently, Sweney Todd was ok but its the first and no doubt last musical ill see.Blonde and Blonder is another one i saw - only for Pam Anderson really - the film wasnt 'Dumb and Dumberer' bad, but close.

Yeah that definitely sounded more like the opinion of Empire Magazine than just the average film fan. It all sounded professional enough though, maybe just a tad out of place on a discussion forum. Also what was the 'real risk' Ellen Page took in accepting the role?I thought Juno was a sound enough film it just seems that theres a certain convention to these 'unconventonal' quirky off beat films that kind of makes them feel a bit phony.

I liked Juno well enough, though didn't come away from it thinking I'd just seen an Oscar winner. That said, Ellen Page is very, very good in it, and man, woman or child, you'll fall in love with her. A film with Michael Bleuth, George Michael Bleuth, CJ Cragg and Dwight Schrute in it can't be bad, and this isn't. But I didn't come away from it thinking it was going to change my life or anything (and you can actually argue that it's a pretty god-damned irresponsible film in some respects in the way the main character deals with her situation)...

Yeah, with Juno -6/10Liked it, but didn't 'love' it.Jason Bateman was amazing, but that's to be expected, as was the other guy from Arrested Development. I realise it's Hollywood and it's not going to be all doom and gloom, but I feel, speaking as someone who has had extremely close ties with teenage pregnancy, it all felt a little bit hollow. The lead character didn't help. I realised she was supposed to be a feisty smartarse and all that, but you CAN make these people likeable (Think Randall in Clerks) rather than just annoying.

Edited by Bluetonic

What is the best movie magazine do you guys think. Empire or Total Film (or any other)?Thank you.

I've read both for years. They both have good and bad months. Total Film seem to be desprate to be seen as cool and funny and Empire are a bit stuffier. The worst thing with both is the 20-25 pages features on the big movie of the month (Indiana Jones is likely to be about 40 pages)which you've already heard a thousand and one details about from every newspaper, Radio Show and film programmes.Anybody watch The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada tonight? Absolutely outstanding.