DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Why's that ?

Because it's 7 seasons old, it's on Paramount Comedy & E4 about 4 times a day. You can get up to season 5 on DVD here. I just fininshed streaming season 6 on www.sidereel.com
Oh right, so because it's on TV a lot there's no way people haven't already seen every episode of the first series.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's 7 seasons old, it's on Paramount Comedy & E4 about 4 times a day. You can get up to season 5 on DVD here. I just fininshed streaming season 6 on www.sidereel.com

I've only just started watching it, and I think E4 are on Season 5. I seen a couple of episodes of Season 1 with my big bro, but I haven't seen most of it.Oh, btw, Season Two is great so far.

I just watched Santa's Slay

It turns out that Santa Claus is not really the sweet old fellow that we all know and love.In fact, he's a devil and the only thing that's kept his bad side in check was a bet he lost with an angel.After 1000 years of playing nice, the bet is up ...

From that I thought it could be a pretty cool film.Bill Goldberg plays Santa and Emilie De Ravin (Claire in 'Lost') also appears.In the first three minutes of the film, Goldberg comes down the chimney at a posh house and violently murders James Caan, Fran Drescher, Chris Kattan and a few other cameos. I was impressed.But the rest of the film is pretty crap. They don't explain the backstory very well and even though there's a few topless women and lots of F-bombs it seems much more like a fluffy family film and less like the cool violent film I was hoping for.For the trailer - which also makes it look a bit tea-time family movie style - CLICK HERE

I'm not crazy about Blade Runner

Why?
Perhaps because its a film that seems to have been granted the status of great without really being all that is is cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong I do think its a good film but it is not even remotely the 'modern classic' that most people seem to think it is and it certainly isn't as clever as Ridley Scott obviously thinks it is.Its a good film, nothing more, nothing less, a bit better than The Hitcher for example but thats about it.

After American Gangster at the weekend, I got in a mood for another gangster flick last night. I've had Goodfellas for a while, but never got round to watching it but did so last night.

And again, I found the whole experience underwhelming considering it's widely acknowledged as one of Marty's good 'uns. American Gangster justified it's long running time, but Goodfellas seems to drag and drag after the first two hours. Every five minutes it's teasing you with a possible ending - e.g. the day inwhich Henry is busted by the feds. Plus apart from DeNiro (who is spot on as ever) the cast seem to have gone to Jim Carey's "School Of Over-Acting" - it is unbelievable how bad it is at times (especially Henry's wife Karen).

Sure the film does have its moments and tells a great story, with lots of twists, great character development and some seriously fucked up hit scenes but over-all the film lacks the all-rounded brillance of gangster films such as The Godfather. Still this is more of a gangster film than American Gangster, and its better too.

• Paid Members

I don't think much of Goodfellas either, I like probably the first 40 minutes or so and then get incredibly bored with it. I would rate it as one of the crappier mafia movies I've seen, nowhere near deserving the status it has.

Went to see Hitman last night (not my choice) and it was the shits. It gets some of the feel of the game right, but giving Agent 47 a slight sense of humour and a love interest was wrong. Plus the film chooses to ignore one of the game's strongest aspects - his struggle with his conscience. The film plays out like a shoddy cop and good-guy assasin B-Movie with little to write home about.