DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Man's Shoes is painfully average and the ending is embarrassing.

You should go to hell for that comment. You are so wrong.

The best British movie since The Wicker Man.

Better than Trainspotting?I still can't make up my mind to the answer to that question.

Mostly because it is? There is nothing special about it at all. It's slow, drab, quite pointless and there isn't one noteworthy performance in the thing. Considine is okay in it, as he is in most things. I guess I just don't buy into his hype. He's yet to prove himself.

• Moderators

Mostly because it is? There is nothing special about it at all. It's slow, drab, quite pointless and there isn't one noteworthy performance in the thing. Considine is okay in it, as he is in most things. I guess I just don't buy into his hype. He's yet to prove himself.

Jesus Christ.No noteworthy performances? Considine and Toby Kebbell are *amazing*, in fact I'd be hard pushed to find anything remotely weak in the whole movie, it's pretty much note perfect. You say pointless, but what point are you usually looking to get out of watching a movie? What's the criteria you're judging on here? I know the internet is the place for people being deliberately contrary, and I know everything is subjective, but I really struggle with how an opinion like that gets formed.Go and rent 'A Room For Romeo Brass' then try to pretend you still don't think Considine is England's finest acting talent.

Al Pacino is as great as ever as Michael and it's sad to see what he's become

Do you mean, it's sad to see what Corelone had become or Pacino? Not being funny, just a genuine question.
Corelone. Although Pacino's career has floundered somewhat in recent years.

• Paid Members

does anyone else think Mr. Seven disagrees with other peoples opinions just to start an argument?no offence, but to me...you come off as one of these guys who have to be different, unless you are the first to praise something you'll diss it, yet if you appear to have 'discovered' it yourself you'll boast that its better than anything anyone else could have seen.just my observation.

• Paid Members

might get alittle bit of stick from Mr. Seven again but...

The Da Vinci Code - man, i f'n loved it (maybe im an idiot), but i aint read the book, wasnt really aware of the story but i watched this with my sister last night, i just thought it was interesting as hell, i was pretty wrapped up in the story, and it led to a pretty long discussion after the movie and me reading up about the whole thing online (any movie that gets a discussion going has done its job imo).

Having said that i can definatly see why alot of people disliked it, it was sold a huge mystery blockbuster but it lacks to fast pace and action i know alot of people would look for.

• Moderators

That doesn't make any sense.Surely if all he wanted to do was start an argument, he would have responded to Sickboy's comments..?Also, if he just went about starting arguments on anything, then his opinions wouldn't be very consistent, would they?He just has peculiar and particular tastes, strong opinions, and an abrasive and condescending tone.