DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the main theme (lifted from Badlands) is awesome. You don't know the track title do you?

Yeah, i have it somewhere, it's by Hans Zimmer... let me have a scan...Edit: It's Hans Zimmer - You're so cool. Fantastic name for the track!
Hans Zimmer is amazing, I've got this live CD of his where he and his orchestra perform a number of his compositions and it's goosebump wielding. Startling musician.

Etrnal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Biggest load of wank ever. It started off quite well, and usually I'm a fan of films out of chronological order, but Christ this one is simply too complicated to follow. A man (Jim Carrey) wakes up one day to find that his girlfriend doesn't know who he is anymore, due to having the recollection of him erased from her memory. The whole film is based around flashbacks and shit like that. And the ending is stupid and dull.

It's really not all that hard to follow and understand. It's put together magnificently and the ending is pretty much perfect.
Etrnal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is mind-blowingly amazing. I got into it instantly, enjoyed every minute of it and, when it finished, I wanted to watch it again. There are only a few movies that have that affect on me.

Yeah the main theme (lifted from Badlands) is awesome. You don't know the track title do you?

Yeah, i have it somewhere, it's by Hans Zimmer... let me have a scan...Edit: It's Hans Zimmer - You're so cool. Fantastic name for the track!
Hans Zimmer is amazing, I've got this live CD of his where he and his orchestra perform a number of his compositions and it's goosebump wielding. Startling musician.
Zimmer is awesome. I recently re-listened to the score from 'Hannibal' and the opera piece that he wrote for the film 'Vide Cor Meum' is perfection.

• Paid Members

Watched some crud film called "Brain Donors" tonight. It had John Turturro, Mel Smith and bizarrely the guy that plays Fred Elliott from Corrie. Made by the makers of the "Naked Gun" and "Hot Shots" series. Horrible, horrible film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Donors

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103872/

(*/*****)

Saw Severance tonight, I quite enjoyed it, the parts that were meant to be funny were funny and the parts which were meant to be frightening or whatnot, were.It should have been more of a comedy as there are some great moments which should have been made more of at the expense of the horror content, which at times was wasteful, but for the most part I had a fun old time.

Just finished watching This Is Spinal Tap and didn't think much of it. Maybe I didn't get it, but it just felt like a normal documentary with one or two gags in it.

A normal documentary?!?!?! It's a fair bit different to fucking Sea Rescue or some shit.