DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Moderators

The Butterfly Effect.

I wonder if there's a single person that exists who saw that movie and didn't immediately laugh hysterically when they showed Ashton on the bed, then pulled out to reveal little stumps instead of arms. A fine example of a scene that surely never had the intended effect, not once.Amazingly theres a bit that might even top that, as right at the end, during a scene which is obviously supposed to be really tense, he's sprinting down the hospital hallway, but doing it like some sort of spastic ape. It's the strangest run I've ever seen.HOW DID HE GET THE STIGMATA SCARS ON HIS HAND WITHOUT HISTORY CHANGING????

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. The Lives Of Others.4. This Is England.

Is there anyone in the world who's seen these and said there shit? i need someone to take my expectations down a notch.My favourite's from what i watched last year(all 1st views)Wallace And Gromit The Curse Of The Were-rabbit(2005) UKMonty Python And The Life Of Brian(1979) UKPusher (1996)Den40 Year Old Virgin (2005) USThe Long Goodbye (1973)USHead-On (2005) GerBehind The Sun(2001) BraThe Man Who Copied(2003) BraThe Dark Corner(1946) USStander(2003) SafSalvador(1986) USLeave Her To Heaven (1945) USAbout Schmidt (2004) USMemories Of Murder(2003)KorThe Player(1992) USThe King(2005) USBuffalo 66 (1998) USTalladega Nights (2006) USThe Incredibles(2004) USMillers Crossing(1990) USAll Or Nothing(2002) UKHud (1963)US13 Tzameti(2005)Fra/geoSophie Scholl: The Final Days(2005) GerHouse Of Flying Daggers(2004) ChiThe Proposition (2005) AusThe Man Of The Year(2003) BraI'll do the overated, the boring and the rubbish tomorrow. Lost in Translation included. Edited by ultimo the great

I'd actually say, looking at the other movies out, that Layer Cake was probably the worst movie of 2004. The Butterfly Effect was at least fun to watch at times. Maybe for the wrong reasons. ukedge didn't even mention the scenes with Evan as a child swearing like a trooper which is always good for a laugh. And where this scene leads to is just stupid. Would YOU listen to that kid if he was in your basement ? Fuck no.However, I still enjoyed it.

Saiyuuki Monkey Magic the movie on dvd, great great Japanese film, i have the 11 part tv series as well which was released in 2006 and Shingo Katori is excellent as the crazyyet good hearted Son Goku character who along with a couple of other demons and the beautiful and caring Priest, has to go on a Journey to the west to collect scripturesfor the world, the cgi in the film is quite excellent and the acting and story very good.Great movie.

Edited by benoit101

Saiyuuki Monkey Magic the movie on dvd, great great Japanese film, i have the 11 part tv series as well which was released in 2006 and Shingo Katori is excellent as the crazyyet good hearted Son Goku character who along with a couple of other demons and the beautiful and caring Priest, has to go on a Journey to the west to collect scripturesfor the world, the cgi in the film is quite excellent and the acting and story very good.Great movie.

I'd like to see this as I used to love the TV series as a kid shown on BBC 2. I see Jamie Hewlet and Damon Albarn have done a live stage show version of it.

The Butterfly Effect.

I wonder if there's a single person that exists who saw that movie and didn't immediately laugh hysterically when they showed Ashton on the bed, then pulled out to reveal little stumps instead of arms. A fine example of a scene that surely never had the intended effect, not once.
Genuine tears of laughter. I made sure I was present for that scene when my brother was watching it and he absolutely broke down crying laughing too.

Finally caught Tallageda Nights, and though it raised a few laughs I was pretty disappointed. I suppose there's only so many times you can do the same joke before it palls. I think I'll call a halt to Will Ferrell movies for a while.I hope you all used the Xmas period as an opportunity to catch up on your Planet Of The Apes film series - Film 4 showed all 4 original films over the holidays. A rare example of a commercial series that kept up the inventiveness in terms of plot right through the sequels. Beneath.. is actually a little weak, but still worth watching (apart from the FINAL NARRATIVE LINE).To go from them to the "reimagining" that aired last week was like getting to the bottom layer of chocolates in your Belgian Chocolate Selection box to discover someone's taken a shit in it.

I'd actually say, looking at the other movies out, that Layer Cake was probably the worst movie of 2004. The Butterfly Effect was at least fun to watch at times. Maybe for the wrong reasons. ukedge didn't even mention the scenes with Evan as a child swearing like a trooper which is always good for a laugh. And where this scene leads to is just stupid. Would YOU listen to that kid if he was in your basement ? Fuck no.However, I still enjoyed it.

That's because I watched Layer Cake. Which doesn't have a single Evan or basement in i :rolleyes: t.

Anybody a fan of Dario Argento? I recorded Deep Red (Or Profondo Rosso) over Chrimbo, and watched it earlier this week. For fans of horror/psychological thriller I'd recommend it, and it was far from the schlock gorefest that I was expecting. A subtle, and properly disturbing piece, well shot and (in the main) well acted. Argento is often name-dropped by the modern cadre of horror directors, so he's worth digging out.