DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

This Is England

I wasn't alive in the 80's so i dont know how accurate it is, but i still think its a quality film. Quite sad in some parts and maybe smalll things are a little unrealistic but it was still good nonetheless. 7.5/10

Lucky Number Slevin

I thought it was pretty good, good oiginal plot and good ending. I liked Bruce willis' character think he played him good. Some good twist that i dedin't immediately see coming. 8/10

The Scorpion

Pile of shite, avoid! 3/10

Edited by ScottT07

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Balls Of FuryWanted to go Cinema with my lil bro today and this was the only film on that was on at around 2:30. The worst film I can remember seeing in the Cinema.It even beats Hitman in shitness!(Although seeing Hiro Nakamura get his face kicked in was hilarious!)

Balls Of FuryWanted to go Cinema with my lil bro today and this was the only film on that was on at around 2:30. The worst film I can remember seeing in the Cinema.It even beats Hitman in shitness!(Although seeing Hiro Nakamura get his face kicked in was hilarious!)

Although I didn't think it was great, I can think of a lot of films that are far worse than Balls of Fury.

This Is EnglandI wasn't alive in the 80's so i dont know how accurate it is, but i still think its a quality film. Quite sad in some parts and maybe smalll things are a little unrealistic but it was still good nonetheless. 7.5/10

I must see this, I think the 80s and 70s were more violent in the era when we had more to protest about I was just a kid in the 80s but I remember on the news all the riots in the black areas of cities like Brixton, Tottenham and Notting Hill in London then Toxteth in Liverpool then there was Thatcher closing the coalmines and other cut backs and closures and all the strikes that went with it. Then there was the Poll Tax which was the nail in Thatchers coffin. There was football hooliganism and more of a divide in youth culture with the skins,punks, casuals and what such like. Since rave culture and the end of Thatcher things are not so bad in this country just a shame so many people are dope heads and don't stand up for what they believe in anymore. People complain about New Labour but many people can't appreciate how much worse the Tories were. I remember blackouts we don't get those anymore on a big scale. Edited by Dynamite Duane

This Is EnglandI wasn't alive in the 80's so i dont know how accurate it is, but i still think its a quality film. Quite sad in some parts and maybe smalll things are a little unrealistic but it was still good nonetheless. 7.5/10

I must see this, I think the 80s and 70s were more violent in the era when we had more to protest about I was just a kid in the 80s but I remember on the news all the riots in the black areas of cities like Brixton, Tottenham and Notting Hill in London then Toxteth in Liverpool then there was Thatcher closing the coalmines and other cut backs and closures and all the strikes that went with it. Then there was the Poll Tax which was the nail in Thatchers coffin. There was football hooliganism and more of a divide in youth culture with the skins,punks, casuals and what such like. Since rave culture and the end of Thatcher things are not so bad in this country just a shame so many people are dope heads and don't stand up for what they believe in anymore. People complain about New Labour but many people can't appreciate how much worse the Tories were. I remember blackouts we don't get those anymore on a big scale.
Its pretty much about the brits being sour that the asians are taking their jobs and that people are dying in the pointless Falklands War.

Maybe.. but I cant remember many films worse than I've been to watch in the Cinema!Going to watch Talladega Nights later on today.. Sky gave it 5 stars! Is it that good?

I really loved it, very funny, Ferrell and John C Reilly are both excellent, the kids will crack you up(or possibly anoy you) the only downside is Sacha Baron Cohen being a little too over the top.Its more of a film than Anchorman which was more just a series of funny sketches.Can't wait to see Semi-Pro, Walk Hard and Step Brothers although i've still got Blades of Glory to watch.

I must see this, I think the 80s and 70s were more violent in the era when we had more to protest about I was just a kid in the 80s but I remember on the news all the riots in the black areas of cities like Brixton, Tottenham and Notting Hill in London then Toxteth in Liverpool then there was Thatcher closing the coalmines and other cut backs and closures and all the strikes that went with it. Then there was the Poll Tax which was the nail in Thatchers coffin. There was football hooliganism and more of a divide in youth culture with the skins,punks, casuals and what such like. Since rave culture and the end of Thatcher things are not so bad in this country just a shame so many people are dope heads and don't stand up for what they believe in anymore. People complain about New Labour but many people can't appreciate how much worse the Tories were. I remember blackouts we don't get those anymore on a big scale.
Its pretty much about the brits being sour that the asians are taking their jobs and that people are dying in the pointless Falklands War.
It was not ANYTHING to do with people being sour that asian are taking their jobs, it was to do with people looking for weak minorities to blame due to the political and social climate of the country.Even though I am a staunch Labour or Lib Dem voter, Duane, I thought the blackouts were in the early eighties as the after effect of the ineffectual Labour government in the 70's (going down to the 3 day week and that).
No need to get technical Edited by ScottT07