DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Caddyshack is on BBC1 tonight. A good 'un.

I watched Caddyshack for the first time, a few months ago and though it was okay. I dont understand why it is praised so much.Rodney Dangerfield is great in it though, he stole the show with ease.

I think it's probably Bill Murray's most over-rated role.And that comes from a guy who would pretty much bum Murray.

His repartee with Chevy Chase in their only scene together is fucking goldmine. Also, his monologue about the Dalai Lama (most of which, if not all was improvised) is classic. I think, as far as pure comedic roles go, it's one of Murray's best.I'd like to bum Bill a lot too.

Disturbia was decent and worth watching but don't expect a really good film!Captivity was so bad that I considered turning it off. The sex scene felt ridiculous and unbelievable. If you've just been kidnapped, I don't think you're going to be feeling especially horny. I've never been kidnapped though so I can't say for sure..Shooter Great film! Actually I'd say this was the most enjoyable action film I've seen for a good while. Mark Whalberg was very good in it too..Wind Chill Decent film but I was expecting more when the ghostly stuff started to happen.Vacancy Much more enjoayble than Captivity. The acting was pretty good and the characters didn't really do anything stupid which is unusual for a horror film. Reminded me of Manhunt (the game). Worth watching. Sunshine Really good sci-fi film. In the future the sun starts to die so a team are sent up to send a bomb of some kind into the sun to reignite it..things go wrong, people die and they encounter a crazy Russian. Worth watching. Simpsons MoviePretty good, I liked the story and I loved Hank Scorpio vol II. I'm not a fan of recent years of The Simpsons but this was pretty damn solid from start to finish.The Reaping Crap religious horror. Should have been better.Marabunta This is the only film that has ever made me want to put a comment up on IMDB about it - I'll paste it in here. I first watched it in Jan 2004 but it has been on Sky Horror/Sci Fi recently and I've recorded it and put it on a DVD so I watched it again on Tuesday. If you love bad disaster films, you NEED to see this.

Hilarious!, 26 January 2004Author: MetallicaIGN182 from Liverpool, EnglandI taped this one last week, it got three stars (good) in my TV paper so I was expecting a decent horror film.I didn't get that.What I did get is a film that goes so far into being bad, it actually becomes good. There aren't any scares, dramatic moments or good special effects but this film is FILLED with unintentionally funny moments. My favourite part was the stupid cop who after getting over the death of his 10 year old brother (the cop was at least 30+, how does he have a 10 year old bro?!) really quickly, later goes on to hilariously stumble and put a tractor into drive causing a barn to collapse with him trapped inside with the KILLER ANTS!!.My other favourite part was the hero and the all action local school teacher/marksman escaping from another barn on a small bike so pathetic looking that even Harry & Lloyd would have refused to ride on it.Ah yes, I also got a kick out of how they manage to make an ant poison potion in the school lab, not only does it kill ants but it's also apparently non toxic as the school teacher sprays it all over a guy's face lol.Well worth watching!

n.b I hope you don't all want to bum the current grey haired, grey bearded "I make boring films now" version of Bill Murray. :wacko: Edited by Metallica

• Paid Members

I hope you don't all want to bum the current grey haired, grey bearded "I make boring films now" version of Bill Murray

That reminds me of the ending to Broken Flowers, it still annoys me. I thought the ending to Lost in Translation was lazy, but Broken Flowers took the piss. Grey haired, grey bearded Murray is great. Especially in Rushmore, Life Aquatic and the Royal Tenenbaums. I'd bum him with a smile on my face.

I hope you don't all want to bum the current grey haired, grey bearded "I make boring films now" version of Bill Murray

That reminds me of the ending to Broken Flowers, it still annoys me. I thought the ending to Lost in Translation was lazy, but Broken Flowers took the piss. Grey haired, grey bearded Murray is great. Especially in Rushmore, Life Aquatic and the Royal Tenenbaums. I'd bum him with a smile on my face.
Pfft! :sneaky: Some of us just have higher standards.Maybe I have issues about aging but my advice for Billy = dye your hair, shave the beard and go back to making funny films! I don't want Grampa Murray!I hated Lost in Translation...

• Paid Members

Knocked UpWatched this earlier today, it was hilarious!! I just love Seth Rogen.. I think he stole the show in 40 Year Old Virgin and he was great again here.Not as funny as 40 year old virgin.. but not far off at all.

Guest Josh Jenkins

Knocked UpWatched this earlier today, it was hilarious!! I just love Seth Rogen.. I think he stole the show in 40 Year Old Virgin and he was great again here.Not as funny as 40 year old virgin.. but not far off at all.

Saw this early, it's probably the funniest film I've seen all year.

Got back an hr or so ago from watching Bourne Ultimatum, FUCKING WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!Probably is the best of the 3, my mate who went to watch it with me said there could be a fourth??????????????Obviously, cos of spoilers we can't discuss it so I can't ask for opinions of what people think of that thought :)EZ