DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw IIIWorse than Hostel. Possibly. That's quite a feat really. I wouldn't have minded a blow-torch to the eyeballs during this pile of turd. I like it when films don't take themselves too seriously, and especially with the Horror genre it either comes off good or bad. This took itself seriously and came off shit. They should have taken some hints from the hilarious Final Destination 3 and made it ludicrously funny. But this was not scary, no atmosphere, no care was put into the characters or the story. I still had a decent time seeing it with a bunch of mates, 6 cans of beer down me and a 12 o'clock screening, but film wise, shit.

Watched the butterfly effect for the first time last night and I really enjoyed it. Luckily the version I had had what Ive been told was the better ending, and I have to agree with after seeing parts of the alternate ending from the extras reel.

Just wanna know how the ending where:

Click to Show/Hide

The see each other in the street and turn around etc

Splits off from the other ending, it just looked like a completely random scene rather than an alternate ending.

I also bought battle royale 1 and 2 yesterday, I love the first one so Im looking forward to watching the second one later.

I also bought battle royale 1 and 2 yesterday, I love the first one so Im looking forward to watching the second one later.

The second one is awful compared to the first, so don't get too excited.
Shush you. :p Im sure Ill still enjoy it.

Desperado

Despite its beautiful direction and suave soundtrack, plus its great dialogue to boot, I found this film sluggish and unappealing.

I assume it was trying for the B-Movie / Western feel for it, but I found it to just be a series of fights one after another, each as pointless as the last.

The first section in the bar with Buscemi had me captivated, and if the film had revolved round him or the bar it probably would have interested me more.

Tarantino's cameo is funny as hell, but the guy really struggles in the role and looks so uncomfortable its unbelievable.

This film has a lot going for it, yet the weak plot and the bone-head hero really make it average. Shame.

The second one is awful compared to the first, so don't get too excited.
Shush you. :p Im sure Ill still enjoy it.
I really liked the second one actually. Hardly anybody does though :(.

Hills Have Eyes

Rather brutal horror, unlike a lot of horror films they don't cover the gore with darkness, most of it

is done in the daylight of the desert which is a bit unusual. Some highly disturbing imagery and

unexpected happenings. I'm not sure what the makers were trying to get across with the 'perpetrators'

but hey, I guess it was just a shock rock horror film that does its job rather well.

Definatley worth a watch if you're not squeamish.

I thought it fitting to put this in here...In a couple of weeks I'll be meeting and having a Q&A session with Mark Kermode! YAYA!

]You are the luckiest guy alive!The good Doctor is one of the greatest movie critics of all times.I watched Rocky 5 last night, it's not as good as I remember but not as awful as it was said to be. I still quite like it, and the streetfight at the end kicks butt.I'm gonna watch the Directors Cut of Das Boot soon, but its like 3.5 hours long so its tough to find time to.