DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I'd tell you what I think of it if I could get the damn subtitles to work! Does anyone know what program to use for a .sub file?

VLC Player. In that, go to File > Open File and a dialogue box will appear with a few options. Use the first field under the main tab to locate the video. Below, tick the 'Subtitles options' box and click on 'Settings.' Then, click 'browse' and select the .sub/.srt file. Edited by Van_Dammer

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Breakdown on sky movies last week. It's stars Kurt Russell as a guy whose on a road trip with his wife when she gets kidnapped and held to ransom. Really good,overlooked movie. JT Walsh is a scary villain.

If you have a bittorrent client open, with that torrent loaded, close it and try again. If it still fails, try the same method in VLC Player with the second subtitles file available on this page:http://subtitrari.alege.net/movies/2842/Oldboy-2003.html

Those subtitles work but they're foreign. I'll just try and find a torrent with the subtitles already on the movie file, but thanks anyway Van Dammer. :) Whilst I'm waiting for OldBoy to download again I've got Ong Bak to watch :thumbsup:.

• Paid Members

Saw Breakdown on sky movies last week. It's stars Kurt Russell as a guy whose on a road trip with his wife when she gets kidnapped and held to ransom. Really good,overlooked movie. JT Walsh is a scary villain.

agreed...it's a great thriller, definatly a 'lost gem' as they say...Kurt Russell's the man whatever he's in.The Ring Two - finally checked the 2nd movie of the US movies...i liked this, it was better than i expected but definatly not on par with the origional which is fucking fantastic. The whole imagery of the tape and stuff isn't really shown as much in this one, and the creepy atmosphere of the first isn't really there but there's some very good scares in this...the bit involving the deer's scared the fuck out of me. Definatly worth a viewing if you've seen the first.Uncle Buck - stayed at a mates the other night after a night out on the beer, woke up hungover...i reached over to his tv and stuck it on, nothing on so i pressed play on the video that was already in the player...Uncle Buck starts! what a classic 80's film, it's got that nostalgia feel to it too which is always great. John Candy plays one of the most loveable characters ever in this, just a pure 80's family/comedy classic...5 out of fucking 5!

• Paid Members

Fight ClubPretty good film.. I thought Ed Norton was great in this film. The storyline was OK.. though i think it pretty much left me thinking they could have had a much better ending. Good film.. but not one that im gonna watch again.

Wow, the first time I watched Fight Club I instantly watched it again. It's almost one of the points of the film, watch it once, watch it again.

There are only a select few films that I've wanted to instantly watch again after they'd finished and Fight Club is definitely one of them... Edited by Van_Dammer

I watched 'Two Summers' (a Brazilian film) in midweek. I had high hopes as it's by the director of 'The Man Who Copied' but I was slightly disappointed. It's a nice enough story and has great scenery but felt a little empty. It didn't leave me with too much to think about and the two main protagonists dominated the story. I've finished watching Everwood Season 1 on DVD. I really enjoyed it. I tried to buy the second series on eBay (pirate copy) but got ripped off. The studio have no plans to produce any other official DVDs. That means I've taken to watching it on ITV, but I assume it's 2 or 3 series on. And Emily Vancamp is breathtakingly beautiful.

John Tucker Must DieLargely predictable but never the less funny teen comedy with Jesse Metcalfe suited to the "hot guy" role and Sophia Bush and Brittany Snow both come out looking accomplished too. Its a good enough film to watch if you have a cinema pass but i wouldnt really advise going to the cinema to watch it. Not many LOL moments but enough to keep you entertained, I liked it though.6/10