DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched CB4 (Chris Rock) AGAIN! today, as you can see by my sig :)Another classic line from the movie - Female Reporter "My female listeners want to know why you refer to women as bitches and ho's"MC Gusto "Bitches, ho's...anything with pussy really"Great stuff!

I tried really hard to watch Dumb and Dumberer last night... I got to about the 15 min mark before I stopped and deleted it from my sky plus and watched Kill Bill Volume 1 instead....

I tried really hard to watch Dumb and Dumberer last night... I got to about the 15 min mark before I stopped and deleted it from my sky plus and watched Kill Bill Volume 1 instead....

I watched Dumb and Dumber the other day. Fucking hilarious. One of the funniest films ever.Cop: "Pullover"Harry: "No it's a cardigan but thanks for noticing!"Lloyd: "KILLER BOOTS MAN!"

• Paid Members

Stigmata - aint seen this in years, really good supernatural thriller...its kinda like a modern take on the exorcist, a great story and well acted. It's a shame the director has gone onto make the the Fog re-make which by all accounts is abysmal (already in the imdb bottom 100). Stigmata is well worth a viewing though.

I watched Shallow Grave again last night, one of my favourite films and also Danny Boyle's best film in my opinion. However after seeing it for what has to be the sixth or seventh time, I still have a question about the ending.

SPOILER
I'm of the opinion that Alex (Ewan McGregor's character) dies. He's stabbed in the chest/shoulder area and has been left to bleed to death. The police show up after an uncertain amount of time and he's still alive, yet instead of rushing him to the hospital, they're taking pictures of him. My mates all say he lives, but he has to end up dead right? :/
Edited by Mr. Seven

Die Hard: With A Vengeance

Friend returned my boxset which i completely forgot he had. Nice little surprise.

Went with Part III as i hadn't seen it for a while. Although i've seen it before i'm still pleasently surprised by how good it is. It's very rare for a trilogy to be great throughout but for it too dip off so badly in Die Hard 2 - which was utter shite as far as i am concerned - and then pop back up with such a strong offering is cracking.

Clever little storyline, Willis & Samuel L played off each other very well and Jeremy Irons played a cracking villain. Not quite as nifty with the one liners and 80's class as the first film but not far behind and definitely brings the trilogy back into respectable territory after Die Hard 2.

7/10

Deuce Bigalow:European Gigalo - Anyone for a Turkish Snowcone or Portuguese Breakfast?? Enjoyable fluff.Be Cool - The Rock is excellent, the rest is plotless meh.Lemony Snicket's A Unfortunate Series Of Events - Not too bad. Carrey's great as always.

Guest TheGoldenGun

watched a film called dead mans shoes, i was thought for some reason it was going to be a lock stock style of film , when infact it was a very serious movie and just upset me a bit really.

Murderball

Documentary about wheelchair rugby focusing on Team USA and Team Canada's build up and climax to the 2004 Paralympic games in Athens. Damn good film, the people they focused on were all interesting and funny and real. I urge anyone to watch this.

8.5/10

Lately i've been watching the Back To The Future box set.The whole series never get's boring.Pretty cool watching part 2 & considering its set only 9 years from,seeing what things in the movie are quite close to reality now.Also been watching The Warriors,another great film i never tire of

The AristocratsQuite amusing joke documentary, as in it's a documentary about a joke rather than it's a Spinal Tap-a-like.Some of the editing almost made my eyes bleed though as quite a bit was done on a single camera and they'd chop up the interview with straight cuts.Cartman's was by far the best retelling of the joke.6.78/10

Quite fancy this film. How disgusting is it? Don't want to watch it with the wife if its too bad as she'll just moan.and what a precise score that is :D

MurderballDocumentary about wheelchair rugby focusing on Team USA and Team Canada's build up and climax to the 2004 Paralympic games in Athens. Damn good film, the people they focused on were all interesting and funny and real. I urge anyone to watch this.8.5/10

So it was real! I remember seeing this advertised on some show,and couldn't believe it...and neither could my friends who refused to believe there'd be a film aboot wheelchair rugby...i shall have to see this :)

MurderballDocumentary about wheelchair rugby focusing on Team USA and Team Canada's build up and climax to the 2004 Paralympic games in Athens. Damn good film, the people they focused on were all interesting and funny and real. I urge anyone to watch this.8.5/10

So it was real! I remember seeing this advertised on some show,and couldn't believe it...and neither could my friends who refused to believe there'd be a film aboot wheelchair rugby...i shall have to see this :)
Oh yeh definitely real. It's up for an Oscar in Best Documentary category.

• Paid Members

I watched Shallow Grave again last night, one of my favourite films and also Danny Boyle's best film in my opinion. However after seeing it for what has to be the sixth or seventh time, I still have a question about the ending.

SPOILER
I'm of the opinion that Alex (Ewan McGregor's character) dies. He's stabbed in the chest/shoulder area and has been left to bleed to death. The police show up after an uncertain amount of time and he's still alive, yet instead of rushing him to the hospital, they're taking pictures of him. My mates all say he lives, but he has to end up dead right? :/
ive been reading about it...i believe he's dead, just the way the photographers are taking photo's like its a crime scene.i asked my butty what he thought and he was like 'he's alive, hes fucking laughing' i dont think he got it.