DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wedding CrashersIt was shit, and crucially for a comedy, not funny at all. Rachel McAdams is gorgeous and Isla Fisher was both hot and amusing, but the whole thing was just... I dunno, pointless. Basically for some reason it really felt like it wasn't real, and I know it isn't real because it's a film, but the whole thing just felt really obvious that it was a film. I didn't explain that very well but you get the gist.

I found it to be a funny film, with the five main cast members all pulling their weight to make it a good film. One of the better comedy films of last year, and the DVD came a couple of days ago so I will have to watch it again soon. But if you didn't enjoy it then fair enough, maybe it is not for everyone...DevourAn entertaining if very unspectacular film, with an interesting premise. It starts off pretty good, but as the film progresses the overall quality drops. There is a good young cast, and mostly good acting, but the script doesn Edited by DJM

Hi GuysCurrently watching superman the animated series season 2. Watched the first disc the first episode with bizarro is very good and u end up feeling sorry for Bizarro. I really also liked the evolution of Luminous and the episode with Mr MXTYPLUK(sp?) was funny and i cant wait till disc 2 with the world's finest 3 part episode featuring my favourite the joker.:)

I watched Naked Gun and Mallrats today.

Both films did their job, they made me laugh, heartily! Mallrats is a classic slacker film with amusing characters but very shallow. Naked Gun is a classic spoof/slapstick comedy and is my favourite film of this genre. Infact, I prefer it to Airplane, Leslie Nielsen can make me roll around with just a look. If you haven't seen Naked Gun yet, buy it now.

• Paid Members

StanderThomas Jane stars as a South African Police Captain who gets a bit pissed off and decides to rob banks. True Story. Very Good film.

yeah..great movie, very un-hollywood...Jane was a psycho!

• Paid Members

Alien - Director's Cut - cracked open my lovely new box-set and watched Alien...first time ive seen the movie since i was young so i didnt really remember anything...fucking bad-ass movie, slow paced and tense as fuck. I pretty much loved every second of it, favourite scene...the death of Brett in the chain room, holy fuck...

brilliant film...onto Aliens :)

Sweet Sixteen

Just watched this film. Really astounding, it felt so realistic and hard and the central character, played brilliantly by Martin Compston, took the whole film through a range of emotions from start to finish. Deserves to be seen by a lot of people as it talks to young-uns in a reasonable and realistic way. Great film.

Just Friends

Shit. Not funny. I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds and he did his best to get the laughter out of it but it just wasn't there. It felt more like a chick-flick than an out and out comedy which it was advertised as. I hate misleading an audience. Oh well.

I know it's an Oldie, but I watched "Seven Samurai" again last night, I must say it's such a damn good film and I hadn't noticed a short documentary/narrative on it's extras before so I watched that too which gave me some whole new insights into the film and Kurosawa himself.The Characterisations are fantastic and the relationships between the two different castes really makes you wonder how anyone got by in those times, Well worth watching if you haven't seen it already. It's easy to see how he inspired so many other directors.

A true classic - i have this in my Akira Kurosawa Collection set - its 2 boxsets in 1 bigger box, 11 dvds covering 7 of his best movies. Seven Samurai kncoks spots off so many films that are out these days. They dont make em like they used to....

• Paid Members

Just FriendsShit. Not funny. I'm a fan of Ryan Reynolds and he did his best to get the laughter out of it but it just wasn't there. It felt more like a chick-flick than an out and out comedy which it was advertised as. I hate misleading an audience. Oh well.

i cant bring myself to go and see this...i dont understand how so many people like this kinda flick, loads of boys i know are like 'cant wait to go see just friends', and those who have seen it, loved it...im just thinking, what the fuck? the film just looks corny as fuck.a boy in work with me couldnt believe the newspaper gave it 2/5, his words 'the film was brilliant'. :crazy:maybe im just getting old...

• Paid Members

Sweet SixteenJust watched this film. Really astounding, it felt so realistic and hard and the central character, played brilliantly by Martin Compston, took the whole film through a range of emotions from start to finish. Deserves to be seen by a lot of people as it talks to young-uns in a reasonable and realistic way. Great film.

If you liked this film I'd find "Dear Frankie" with Gerard Baker in it. He looks a bit odd playing "council" buts its a very good film.

Amityville Horror (Remake). Meh.

Better than the original though I thought, and on the whole a good film (with good acting from the main cast).DagonA strange, but interesting and very entertaining film. It has a good story, some good weird looking villagers, good make-up and special effects, is pretty bloody at times, and seems to be a faithful HP Lovecraft adaptation. It does have mostly poor CGI though, and a somewhat silly & predictable ending. An enjoyable enough film on the whole, and easily worth the Edited by DJM