WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has diving ever worked for you lot on PES? I think it worked once with me but the player may have actually fouled me...

Once for me too. I made Didi Hamann dive on the edge of the box when someone was clipping at his heels and got a free kick plus a yellow for the other player. Like yours though, I suspect it may have been a foul anyway.
Thought I'd let you know I've won penalties and free-kicks quite a lot recently through diving. Generally I've been twisting and turning on the ball from one area to another until someone applies the slighest bit of pressure, then I've went down and it's worked brilliantly, although if they back off you look like a complete tit. If there's two of their guys surrounding you it works easier though, in my experience.Has anyone got any thoughts on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

I had a blast of No More Heroes on the Wii round at a mates house tonight and was impressed. I am thinking of buying it for these reasons :1. Its fucking awesome fun2. The aim of the game seems to be to secure some sweet pussy by becoming the worlds best assasin3. The main characters name is Travis Touchdown

I'm considering getting it myself, but is it true you don't control the sword in the way I think?Anyway, anyone fancy a game of COD4? You know what to do. By the way I'm aware it's 3 in the morning, I'm not sure why but I'm simply not sleepy

• Paid Members

WHAT PLAY YOU?

Finally decided to give Viva Pinata a proper go on Sunday evening. This quickly spiralled out of control and turned into an epic session that caused me to sleep in for much of my Bank Holiday Monday. What a wonderful game, one of Rare's finest efforts in recent years and one of the most personality-filled and imaginative titles on the 360.

Every so often I get hooked on a game like Harvest Moon that isn't about a quest to get to the end or finish the current level/stage, so the relaxed pace and structure of a game like Viva... are perfect for me, though I'm worried that each time I play it I'll end up wasting hours now.

I've only got up to the first upgrade in garden size so far, I'm avoiding any kind of tips/guides etc. and I've even decided not to read the manual because I want any and all species who visit my garden to be a surprise. I currently have a thriving Whirlm population, a Sparrowmint family, a Mothdrop family, a couple of Fudgehogs, a Shellybean, a Syrupent, two Lickatoads and two Quackberries. I had Tafflies but ultimately sold them out, first allowing the Lickatoads to eat a couple and then selling off the rest along with their home.

Currently several generations into my Whirlm dynasty, though Whirlm 1 is the only original survivor and my personal favourite resident. He was my first visitor, my garden veteran and he now wears an awesome hat. Inbreeding with his great grandchildren aside, he's an upstanding individual. Whirlm 4 was the worst death so far. After enduring four fights with the Sparrows and four losses, he seemed to have put the violence behind him until he was attacked, murdered and eaten mere yards from his door step by a hungry Fudgehog. I went to step in but alas it was too late.

The humanoid characters and their accents are a little annoying, and the slightly invasive tutorial stuff during the first half hour or so were starting to irritate also, but aside from those two small gripes I am thoroughly in love with this game.

Aside from that, Halo 3 (as ever), Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3 and Vampire Saviour are my most recently played games.

I think I'm now sold on No More Heroes. Travis Touchdown is the best name since Texas Battle.

• Awards Moderator

I've only got up to the first upgrade in garden size so far, I'm avoiding any kind of tips/guides etc. and I've even decided not to read the manual because I want any and all species who visit my garden to be a surprise. I currently have a thriving Whirlm population, a Sparrowmint family, a Mothdrop family, a couple of Fudgehogs, a Shellybean, a Syrupent, two Lickatoads and two Quackberries. I had Tafflies but ultimately sold them out, first allowing the Lickatoads to eat a couple and then selling off the rest along with their home.

Do you not realise how old-man-who-lives-on-his-own-down-the-road-from-you-and-wears-a-cardigan-and-smells-a-bit-funny that sounds out of context?

I think I'm now sold on No More Heroes. Travis Touchdown is the best name since Texas Battle.

You'd never guess it was Suda51 would you :pI was out shopping today and saw a piece of 'Fatal1ty' merchandise in PC World. PC fucking World... That ain't workin'. That's the way you do it.As for Play I, squire, it be Hotel Dusk and I've introduced the youngling to Hyper Street Fighter II on PS2. He was apprehensive at first but has developed a fondness for Blanka, and picked up the Hadoken pretty swiftly.Oh, and nearly at the end of Super Paper Mario...

• Paid Members

Look, if I want to live alone in my garden and raise an array of colourful, child-friendly animals that are full of sweets then that's my decision. Now if you'll excuse me, my trenchcoat needs a wash. Training the young grasshoppers on Streetfighter 2 is absolutely outstanding parenting by the way. 2D fighters must never die.

When I'm not getting destroyed in Big Team Social on Halo 3, I'm trying to find someone, anyone to play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo online. Anybody?

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

You'd never guess it was Suda51 would you :p
I bought and finished this this week. The "GTA" style bit is horrendously undernourished and either an abandoned idea or a release date crush. Either way it's a really dull drag between the enormously interesting combat. Great cutscenes too.I was annoyed by the end of the game though - I got the "Return to Santa Destroy?" or "Watch ending" thing, but didn't realise all I had to do was to by the Tsubaki mk III to qualify for the 'real' ending. Not sure I can be arsed to play the whole thing again, though Dr. Peace ~Trying to decide what to play next actually. I think MGS2 deserves good replay...BTW folks, I think it's almost redundant to put GTAIV in this thread :p Sadly I can't join in as I am neither 360's nor PS3'd.

Having missed out on it first time around, and after spotting it on the 360 back compatibility list, I purchased Shenmue II for the princely sum of