WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started playing Gun. It's pretty good but the story feels rushed somehow, you meet this person they're dead, you do work for this person they betray you, you meet someone else they're dead.... Some brutal visuals in there.Fun game though.

I love Gun. Didn't like it at first but once your in open terrain and on the back of a horse it's just great fun.Currently playing Hitman Blood Money on 360. I've loved all the previous Hitman games and this hasn't failed me so far. Great visuals, great missions and easy to follow.

That's odd, I've never had a problem with any of the roms off there. I blame the Mac-ness.

Could be that, could be the me-ness. Doesn't matter what platform, I've never got MAME working properly. Perhaps I'm incredibly stupid.The two I got were Super SFII Turbo and Tekken 2. Both of which tell me they're missing files and refuse to run. Ditto Metal Slug 4.EDIT: See?mame.jpg Edited by gwailofilms

Guest ja smith

Myself well since i just recently bought a PSP I am on GTA LCS or for the PS2 King of Colloseum II which is hard as fuck to play.What is the godfarther like btw I am wanting to get it for my fiancee since she loved the movie so whats th game like?

A few random points:-- I've given up on MAME. I can't get it to do a damn thing.- My other half, who has never shown the slightest interest in gaming, now wants a DS Lite and Brain Training.- I've just re-found my archive of some 4000-odd SNES ROMs. I haven't got time to sift through the lot. Somebody knowledgeable recommend some odd/rare/awesome stuff I may not have played. I'm particularly in the mood for side-scrolling shooters and whacked-out Japanese RPGs. Ta muchly.

• Paid Members

I have an archive of pretty much every Snes rom too. Obvious ones: Super Mario All stars/World, Mario Kart, F-Zero Yoshi's Island. Don't forget the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Stunt Race FX and Starfox. The Super Star Wars trilogy is also essential. Oh, and Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Earthworm Jim 1 and 2. Good selection of Megaman games also. Sunset Riders, Castlevania, Streetfighter 2 turbo and so on. Not rare or unknown, but Super Mario RPG didn't get a pal release and deserves to be played. You should play Captain Novolin at least once for the pure surrealness of playing a game about diabetes with harmful snacks as enemies. Addams Family Values, Kid Klown in Krazy Chase and UniRacers are all worth a quick blast. The Adventures of Batman and Robin is excellent. It's made by Konami and based on the Batman and Robin animated series. Satisfying goon pumelling and tricky platforming with some lovely cartoony visuals. Alien 3 should be played, Jurassic Park is pretty good and of course you need to play SmashTV. For shooters, there's Contra 3 (though the mega drive Contra is far superior, which is rare), Darius Twin, Axelay, Bio Metal (it plays 2 Unlimited on the title screen!), Blazeon, Gradius 3, Gunforce, the Super Turrican series. R-Type 3 is of course essential. Total Carnage is fun as well. For RPGs, I personally love Harvest Moon but it's a bit lacking in direction and action for some. Romance of the 3 kingdoms, any and all Fire Emblem games (though patching may well be required), Secret of mana, the Breath of Fire series, Final Fantasy, and of course the ever reliable Zelda games. Dragon Quest 1, 2 and I think 5 or 6. They'll definitely need translating though. Ogre Battle and Front Mission 2 are worth a go also.

Thank you very much. I've played most of that lot, but there's plenty there I haven't.I avoided Batman & Robin because I thought it was based on the shitty movie. I'll give it a go along with Breath of Fire, Sunset Riders, Gunforce and Blazeon. I was wondering what Bio Metal was; I was afraid it was something crap and American. I'm resisting Final Fantasy III as I'll never see my missus again if I start. :)I'll get a kicking for this I'm sure, but I just can't get into the SNES Zelda game. I've tried many times and adore Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia/Time and the N64 Zelda games (my next job: find a good OSX N64 emulator), but the 16-bitter just doesn't do anything for me. I might give it one last try.

I started Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic again today, and after less than an hour my character is already displaying lots of evilness in the form of his ruined face and general dark stance. It's way too hard and boring to be good in that game. Too much fun robbing and killing innocents.

• Awards Moderator

Just when I thought Sony might give us a decent deal, the PS3 launch is pushed back to March in Euro.That's not such a big deal, but I can only see doom and more doom for Sony over this console.