WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Love KatamariThis game is one of the most surreal I have ever played yet is so much fun. You basically roll a ball about making it bigger by picking up things in you way. you begin with coins and pencils, getting bigger to roll up balls, bicycycles, people, cars, buildings, countries and ultramen! one of the most addictive and enjoyable games I have ever played!

• Moderators

I was just playing The Getaway: Black Monday and absolutely fuming at idiot game designers who feel the need to stick stupid stealth levels into games where it isn't appropriate. Then my night was saved with the following piece of dialogue."Better go and see this Hector nonce. Hector? Sounds like a cunt's name"

• Awards Moderator

I've just learned that Zelda: Twilight Princess isn't due to be released until November 24, 2006. Absolutely harrowing.

Still, it'll give me a chance to play and finish MGS: Subsistence, Shadow of Colossus and Ico :(

DEMON LIGHTNING HAMMEEEER~!

I am playing Tales of Eternia on PSP and I am loving it to bits. It's an action-oriented Japanese RPG with a nicely-built and interesting buddy-movie plot. Where it differs from your Final Fantasies is that it doesn't have any pretensions to be anything else, and that the combat is real-time, frenetic, often challenging and kept very fresh due to the combo system and the lure of learning new combo-finishing moves with ever-cooler names (see above). Graphics are reasonable sprites and lovely 2D backgrounds, but the sound is nothing much to write about.

The one downside is that the plot (so far) is very similar to Tales of Symphonia. However, the cookery system and the mysterious Wonder Chef~! from that game both make a welcome return. There's even a cookery arena, which I'll try out once I finally master that cream stew...

Recommended if you like it long, hard and full of elves.

Edited by Spatular

Manic Miner on my old Amstrad CPC464, legendary game and playing on the keyboard is even better.

We Love Katamari. Slightly less charm, infinitely more variety. Next up- 24. The video game. Oh my good God yes.

From what i've seen 24 does look pretty bloody sweet, whens it out again ?, i can never remember these things :blush:

I've just learned that Zelda: Twilight Princess isn't due to be released until November 24, 2006. Absolutely harrowing.Still, it'll give me a chance to play and finish MGS: Subsistence, Shadow of Colossus and Ico :(

Are any stores still going to stock gamecube games in November? They may as well make it a Revolution launch title seeing as it can use he wand anyway.24 is out March 17th.Guitar Hero is coming to UK! Guitar Hero

I've just learned that Zelda: Twilight Princess isn't due to be released until November 24, 2006. Absolutely harrowing.Still, it'll give me a chance to play and finish MGS: Subsistence, Shadow of Colossus and Ico :(

Are any stores still going to stock gamecube games in November? They may as well make it a Revolution launch title seeing as it can use he wand anyway.
I think the Revolution will be backwards-compatible with Gamecube discs, so it doesn't matter either way. If the game's not too advanced for the older machine, they may as well let more people play it.