WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.Hitman: Blood Money. I'd forgotten how much fun dressing up as a clown and blowing people's heads off with a massive hand cannon is. I want another Hitman game. Now.Pro Evo 6. The best gets better somehow, and I finally scored a free-kick~! Question for the board. I want a new console. Should I get a 360, a Wii, or wait for the PS3? And why?

• Paid Members

Oh no, I think I may be veering towards becoming a gamer.I got a PS2 for Christmas. I now have an injury known as "Guitar Hero shoulder" where I am unable to move my arm in certain directions before I have severe pain in my shoulder.I got several games (some of which I soon discovered were shite) including: Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II, a Smarties game, a Sonic game, a Simpson's game, a fucking ding-ding-ding frog thing game, and Lego Star Wars. I'm now in love with Lego Star Wars and have almost finished the game. So I have now per-chased Lego Star Wars II and Canis Canum Edit although I'm yet to play both.

Pro Evo 6. The best gets better somehow, and I finally scored a free-kick~!

How? I can't get any power behind mine and they just glide to the goalkeepers' hands. :(
I can't remember the exact technique I used. Aim for the outside of the post, tweak your analogue to curl it, and don't go past the halfway power marker. Julio Baptista put mine away.

Hmm, I will give it a shot.On the subject of Pro Evolution, does anyone find it a lot harder to break teams down this year? I've noticed it's been a lot tougher compared to previous versions where you could skin players quite easily. I'm not complaining, I think it's much better that you have to put more effort into it.

• Paid Members

Free kicks are something of an art form in Pro Evo, and I only tend to score them with a selection of my preferred kickers. Oh, and Pirlo, it's hard to miss them with Pirlo after a bit of practise. For the majority you should aim to hit about the half-way mark on the power bar, but I like to overshoot that by the tiniest fraction and then use triangle to put extra dip/power on the shot. This works better if the player has plenty of shot power, and suits Nedved/Riise/Lampard/Gerrard better than say, Ronaldinho. Anyone with a free kick stat above 75 can have a decent go if you get the power right though.Another thing I do quite a lot is use a player with the "wrong" foot. So if the wall is on the left (from the kicker's point of view) and I should be using a right footer to curl it over them, I'll pick a left footer, aim wide of the goal and try to curl it just inside the post and into the top corner. If you really can't master it though, just pick someone with plenty of power, use the lay-off and just thump it. This used to be a very cheap goalscoring method on 5. It's harder now, but it can still be effective and is worth a go if your normal free kicks don't trouble the keeper at all.

Guest Dangerous Dave

and Canis Canum Edit although I'm yet to play both.

I'm playing that when I have time! Its a nice idea, but its a bit easy I found. Scratch that- its far too easy. I've just done a boxing segement , the trick was to stand still and hit the punch button loads of times. Money is plentyful (and basically not important) , weapons are freely available and getting caught is just a minor annoyance. I think its a "new breed" of game whereby you play the hero in a movie, the idea being that it progresses rather than becoming bogged down.

All PSP.Fifa 07: Sluggish, feels horrible to control and will be going back to the store forthwith.Football Manager Handheld 07: Okay. Kinda trimmed down a bit (No staff etc) but not played it enough to see if it's deep enough to hold my interest.NFL 07: Incredibly enjoyable. Feels a little easy but my teams good this year and I've got to up the difficulty level.Love training new players, love the new features like 'highlight' moves and player audibles. Good stuff.B-Boy: Actually a fun little game, well designed to ease you into it (if playing "living da life") slowly and althoughIt's annoying only having a short time to 'show off' your moves it's quite a good laugh doing silly things like standingon your head while spinning at high speeds. Not sure about the longevity but fun enough.

Playing Canis Canem Edit and, yes, it's rather easy. I got it just before Xmas and, playing once, maybe twice, a day, in 30-90 minute bursts, I'm up to Chapter IV and have already completed about 50%. That's not to say it's not fun though.I've been alternating this with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, which I got for a mighty

Guest Dangerous Dave

Yeah - I never did figure out what exactly you were meant to do with all the money you earn in that game...

You can buy new clothes and stuff like haircuts. Fantastic.

• Awards Moderator

I got a PS2 for Christmas. I now have an injury known as "Guitar Hero shoulder" where I am unable to move my arm in certain directions before I have severe pain in my shoulder.

Pussy :angry: I have been shredding the bastard GHII since unwrapping on Boxing Day and LOVING the Freebird marathons. There has been comment made about the lopsided tracklist and they're right; while I'm quite happy to play anything on there anybody who isn't into strum-fapperery will shrug. A couple of my friends claimed not to know anything beyond Sweet Child o' Mine, which is fair enough. Still, it is awesome in every way and the new training and 2P modes have cemented the franchise properly.Playing a bit of Lego Star Wars II, just as much fun as it's predecessor but without the shit driving/flying levels!I've still been giving time to Paper Mario which is a fundiddlyumptious bar with choc sauce. Avoiding random battles~~ GROW UP FINAL FANTASY.A little Vice City on the PSP every now and then. Not majorly groundbreaking but casually diverting enough.Also a bit of Brain Training, which is random fun though I got rather annoyed who got the best possible brain age on their first go. Grr.Oh and regular folks: watch out for the now delayed annual Xmas quiz coming soon. Blame GH II.