WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

For those interested, demos of Dead Rising and Saints Row are available to download through the Xbox Marketplace.Dead Rising rocks my world, despite the demo being criminally short. Go find the trolley and bash some zombies. It might end up being a rather shallow experience, but this could easily end up being my game of the year.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm too cheap to buy new games, so I've started GTA:SA again (man, I'd forgotten that dancing on the beach mission was a right cunt) and, through the joys of emulation, I'm blasting through the early stages of Secret of Mana; one of my favourite games of all-time.

I don't know what it is about that mission, or anything in a video game where you have to time your buttons like one of those dance games, but some people just seem to have a total block on it, and just can't do it, whereas others find it really easy.... It is harder though, if you have the volume turned down... if you've got the sound on, you just press the button on the beat...

After realising the awesomness of the DS, I have been constntly stealing it from my mum (Don't worry I give it her back occasionally so it's nott proper theft) There's 3 games I've been playing...Princess Peach:- A pretty good (but girly :( )game with quite a long game span - Although I completed it in about a week.The emotions can get quite confusing though and sometimes you'll need a walkthough to complete it fully as it can get quite tricky. Still a gretty great game though.DR Kowahashi's brain training (I can't remember his name but it's something like that) :- This is a fantastic 'game' Whilst there is no clear objective for this game you basically have to get your brain age to 20. The game is theoretically playable untill you die which is pretty cool, and it keeps a nice chart of your progress while you play. The more you play, the more things you unlock. Absolute fantastic game which I can't recommend high enough.New Super Mario Brothers:- Another great game which I find hard to put down.Another game though that if you wish to complete it fully you will need a walkthrough for it. I've already completed it once, now I'm just polishing it off collecting all the coins and secret exits. It's easy to defeat all the bosses (including bowser) thanks to MEGA MARIO~! but to complete the game fully you have to defeat a couple of bosses a mini mario. Fortunately there's a few tricks to make it alot easier for you. If you like the original mario though, this is a must buy. You can also play as luigi as well.

I'm too cheap to buy new games, so I've started GTA:SA again (man, I'd forgotten that dancing on the beach mission was a right cunt) and, through the joys of emulation, I'm blasting through the early stages of Secret of Mana; one of my favourite games of all-time.

I don't know what it is about that mission, or anything in a video game where you have to time your buttons like one of those dance games, but some people just seem to have a total block on it, and just can't do it, whereas others find it really easy.... It is harder though, if you have the volume turned down... if you've got the sound on, you just press the button on the beat...
That's the thing; I'm pretty good when it comes to rhythm (editing pictures to a rhythm, holding a drum beat, the one time I tried a dancing game), but utterly hopeless at that mission. It's the long sequences that get me. My rather lame excuse is that, after five years of owning one, I still can't remember which symbol is on which button on a PS2 pad. If I were to try the same mission with SNES controller and the game flashing up "A,B,X,Y", I'd crack it in a shot.As it is, I finally passed that challenge (took me eighteen goes) and I've just got Claude's old garage in San Fiero... Which means I've got the horrible "shoot down the radio-controlled planes" mission coming up soon.

I think that that GTA:SA mission was just coded to have too little margin for error as regards the the button push timing. The song being too downtempo doesn't help. I've done the first few levels of Gitaroo Man in Master Mode (for those who don't know the game: this is impressive :)) and it still took me a few tries to get past that mission on my second time through.Although to be honest I'd have to question why felt they needed a storyline bemani mission in the game in the first place...Quick and unexciting WHAT PLAY I~! update: Half-Life 2, Tekken 5, Everybody's Golf and Final Fantasy Nobbing 7 (yes, again). I really need to buy LocoRoco.

Edited by Spatular

• Paid Members

I think that that GTA:SA mission was just coded to have too little margin for error as regards the the button push timing. The song being too downtempo doesn't help. I've done the first few levels of Gitaroo Man in Master Mode (for those who don't know the game: this is impressive :)) and it still took me a few tries to get past that mission on my second time through.Although to be honest I'd have to question why felt they needed a storyline bemani mission in the game in the first place...Quick and unexciting WHAT PLAY I~! update: Half-Life 2, Tekken 5, Everybody's Golf and Final Fantasy Nobbing 7 (yes, again). I really need to buy LocoRoco.

lmao, youve just described my night!i just own gitaroo man :p i find everything piss easy now though which kinda ruins it :(San Andreas still rocks, except i dont like that fact that unlike Vice City, the cops come down on you HARD.ive lost count the amuont of times ive owned FFVII, still, not long now until the PS3 version!!!!!and yes, buy locoroco, but its still not as good as the katamari games.

• Moderators

Hmmm.. maybe I was just lucky that I passed it first time..? Remind me never to play that mission ever again...Oh, and gwailo.. that RC Plane mission sure does suck, but it's not mandatory, is it?

ive lost count the amuont of times ive owned FFVII, still, not long now until the PS3 version!!!!!

Do what now? Last I heard Square weren't just ignoring the FFVII remake rumours, they were actively denying them...And given the opportunity, I will DESTROY you - or anyone else - at Gitaroo Man. It wouldn't even be funny. Not even in the slightest. :(

Hmmm.. maybe I was just lucky that I passed it first time..? Remind me never to play that mission ever again...Oh, and gwailo.. that RC Plane mission sure does suck, but it's not mandatory, is it?
That's the mission for Zero isn't it? You have to do it if you want to earn money from that property...As for me,i've been playing GTA 3 recently...cars set on fire way too easily.

• Paid Members

ive lost count the amuont of times ive owned FFVII, still, not long now until the PS3 version!!!!!

Do what now? Last I heard Square weren't just ignoring the FFVII remake rumours, they were actively denying them...And given the opportunity, I will DESTROY you - or anyone else - at Gitaroo Man. It wouldn't even be funny. Not even in the slightest. :(
ah yes well ;)all im saying is that id be happy to place a bet on this. :thumbsup: trust me :poh and honey? i will whip your ass at gitarooman so badly youll die from bloodloss ;)but then again, i wouldnt let you die cuz im a nurse :p

Finally got me a copy of shenmue 2 off of ebay. Havning completed the first one years ago on the dreamcast Im finally getting to finish the saga.Good so far, as I expected, but the voiceovers are comically bad, and the graphics, annoyingly, are looking a bit rusty having been playing on an xbox 360 alot recently."I understand"