WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

This is just my speculation and nothing concrete, but knowing the industry as I do, I would put money on the ps2 taking a price drop in February.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had it with my PS2, the laser's buggered. Tried fixing it today to no avail, so can anyone recommend me the cheapest place to get a new ps2? So I can actually play Pro Evo and SD v Raw 2006 (which I've only had the chance to play once).

Amazon -

I've had it with my PS2, the laser's buggered.  Tried fixing it today to no avail, so can anyone recommend me the cheapest place to get a new ps2? So I can actually play Pro Evo and SD v Raw 2006 (which I've only had the chance to play once).

Amazon -

I've had it with my PS2, the laser's buggered.  Tried fixing it today to no avail, so can anyone recommend me the cheapest place to get a new ps2? So I can actually play Pro Evo and SD v Raw 2006 (which I've only had the chance to play once).

Amazon -

Star Wars Battlefront II is all kinds of awesome.

I second this.
It is a tremendous game though, five stars.
Which port are you guys talking about? I was eyeing the PSP version.

PSP: Battle front 2

Well tell us if it's any good then! Gaaar. *waves gaffi stick*I'm still playing stupid amounts of Disgaea, which I can't say enough good things about. It won't wow anyone technically - sprites, y'know, and little ones at that - but if you're looking for an anime-themed console turn-based strategy with a cheesy plot, hilarious dialogue and practically unlimited gameplay (and hey, who isn't), get this one.On PSP I've been playing GTA:LCS, which I wrote about in its own thread, and Everybody's Golf. EG is awesome. Really, really awesome. The characters are funny, the courses are cool, and, if you play real golf, you'll notice that the feel of the game is bang on. There is no feeling in games like watching your opponent drive the ball off a mountain and into the lake from the 18th tee, and then fling his club away and stamp his feet in frustration. It's schadenfreude in a UMD and I fucking love it. It's also the perfect handheld game - pick it up whenever, put it down when your tube reaches its stop. Can't do that with GTA or Wipeout.

Star Wars Battlefront II is all kinds of awesome.

I second this.
It is a tremendous game though, five stars.
Which port are you guys talking about? I was eyeing the PSP version.
PS2.
Xbox for me. Speaking of the Xbox, we got an Xbox 360 pod into work today, and I played a demo of Call Of Duty 2. The graphics are insanely good.

• Awards Moderator

EG is awesome. Really, really awesome.

Thanks for confirming that it's definitely my first game when I get a PSP :)

This is just my speculation and nothing concrete, but knowing the industry as I do, I would put money on the ps2 taking a price drop in February.

Consoles in 'cheaper after Xmas' shocker :omg: Most consoles have a drop around March to meet new budget forecasts.

complete with... yep... Randy Orton trading card

I do hope they're not expecting those things to be collectible :D
I've discovered it also makes a mighty fine:-* Coaster* Bookmark* Thing to fold up and place under the wobbly leg of the coffee table* Thing to throw at the cat to stop it considering a dump behind the TVSo many people on this board have one of these things, I think we need to catalogue its various alternative uses.

Speaking of the Xbox, we got an Xbox 360 pod into work today, and I played a demo of Call Of Duty 2. The graphics are insanely good.

..and what fine company do you work for sir?I may have to pop into my local branch (of whatever), and promptly shoot my load over the carpet.