WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Admin

I tend to agree with you Black2, I got a reasonable way into San Andreas but just found it overwhelming and ultimately all the stuff you have to do becomes a ballache. Like the dating and the turf wars - no fun at all as far as I'm concerned and I could do without them.Rockstar hit a great balance with Vice City, and then went totally OTT with San Andreas.I'm looking forward to giving Liberty City Stories a go on the PSP, particularly as its the first GTA 3D game to have multiplayer. Get in!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

Turf wars, aaargh. Sodding about half way across the map and then you have to drive for five minutes solid because three gang members are firing their guns. Run them over and then drive back to what you were doing. Awful.Don't forget those "great" two-player rampages :thumbsup: :vomit:

Hint: it is impossible to get 100%.

Why is it impossible?
You can only get 98%, the final battle takes you up to 100% but as you don't get the chance to save after that, your save game will irritatingly read 98% forever.I trawled back through the entire game to uncover a cutscene that was in plain sight in the middle of Moria, took fucking ages :(
Bastards! :devil: Can someone tell me where the hell the Car List is for San Andreas? I've been looking for weeks but I still can't find it.

• Moderators

While I'm here, that new Marvel game (Rise of the Imperfects) is shit. Ultimate Spidey, however, RULES.Being concise~

I was beyond excited at that game, then I read they changed the PERFECT webslinging system from Spidey 2 and that most of the missions are chases. I was so heartbroken that I didn't buy it :(

The Warriors is the most fun ever. I don't think a game has ever captured the mood of a movie and a time period so perfectly.

Totally agree. The Warriors is awesomely playable - much better than San Andreas IMO.

• Awards Moderator

I thought "fuck it" and got Warriors on the 10 day rental. It's a lot of fun now but I wonder how long it will last. And I've barely touched it despite playing for nearly four hours, I worry that it will get obscenely hard towards the end. Reviving and uncuffing your gang isn't much fun now, I dread to think how bad it will get when you have nine gang members.I also got the Buzz! Music Quiz to take round some non-gaming friends' house, and we had a real blast. You get four buzzers in the box and ups the novelty factor no end. The renditions, while not the originals, are very well done.

• Admin

The opening title screen of The Warriors with the Wonder Wheel is the greatest thing ever.I barely had time to play it this weekend despite my intentions to do so :( .One thing is for sure though, it's clear that the developers had a real passion for the movie, which gives it a good chance of being one of the better film licensed games out there.

The opening title screen of The Warriors with the Wonder Wheel is the greatest thing ever.I barely had time to play it this weekend despite my intentions to do so :( .One thing is for sure though, it's clear that the developers had a real passion for the movie, which gives it a good chance of being one of the better film licensed games out there.

The gameplay looks similar to both GTA and Smackdown! games. I have tried a rumble but have yet to have a go on the story mode. I have to admit that I am almost fearful to do so after the shiteness of Manhunt. Still, here's hoping.

• Awards Moderator

The gameplay looks similar to both GTA and Smackdown! games. I have tried a rumble but have yet to have a go on the story mode. I have to admit that I am almost fearful to do so after the shiteness of Manhunt. Still, here's hoping.
The engine is unmistakeably the GTA one, with popups, icons and SFX lifted straight from the series. However it's been heavily modified to bias the on-foot side, so that you feel weighty and can do all sorts of running and fighting.It's a very workable engine that shows it can do more than drive around in.

• Admin

The engine is unmistakeably the GTA one, with popups, icons and SFX lifted straight from the series. However it's been heavily modified to bias the on-foot side, so that you feel weighty and can do all sorts of running and fighting.It's a very workable engine that shows it can do more than drive around in.
Forgot to mention this before but Stubbs The Zombie has been created using the Halo engine, and it shows! Body parts flying all over the place :) .