The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Long. Maven ranted on the microphone for ages mid-match before Benjamin got the pin.

Ok. We are on the about the second one from NYR right? i thought the bell for the second match went as soon as Maven got in the ring and he was hit with the t-bone straight away.

• Paid Members

Hi.Q. Just wondering who that "Outback Jack" guy was? Did he do anything major after his WWF run?We should really put that "Benoit is Dead" thread into the UKFF Gold section, just for historical significance.

Edited by bAzTNM

Hi.Q. Just wondering who that "Outback Jack" guy was? Did he do anything major after his WWF run?We should really put that "Benoit is Dead" thread into the UKFF Gold section, just for historical significance.

"Get me a beer Sheila, for fucks sake"

I've looked on both WWE & Sky's sites, but am none the wiser on this. It's just a matter of interest to me really, & of no real consequence given I don't have HD TV equipment, but as Sky Box Office are showing WrestleMania in HD this year, are HD customers getting charged more for the privledge than us Standard Def

A question for fans of Japanese Wrestling...

This might be a bit too varied to get a proper answer, but I always wondered whether the names that Japanese wrestlers use are actual normal names in Japan. I mean, in America you get guys who use their normal names (or names that, while not their birth names, are still regular, everyday names), like Kevin Nash, Scott Hall etc... Then you get guys with "Wrestling" names like Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Brutus Beefcake etc...

Are most Japanese wrestler names (Kenta Kobashi, Satoshi Kojima etc...) that look like regular names, regular names? Or do they fall into the "Mike Awesome", "Val Venis" category of gimmicky, unrealistic names?

Does that make sense?

• Paid Members

Just watching some old Wrestling Challenge Shows from just before Wrestlemania 7, and I would like to ask a question about it.Why didn't Duggan have a match on the PPV? He was being pushed very strong around that time (feuding with Slaughter, teaming with Hogan, etc)Thanks.

Just watching some old Wrestling Challenge Shows from just before Wrestlemania 7, and I would like to ask a question about it.Why didn't Duggan have a match on the PPV? He was being pushed very strong around that time (feuding with Slaughter, teaming with Hogan, etc)Thanks.

Odd man out, I guess. About the only logical opponent for him would have been Slaughter, and he obviously had bigger things going on. Just about everyone else on the roster was involved in the show, but there's always going to be a few that missed out (eg. no Paul Orndorff at WM3). Duggan did, however, do commentary on the opening match, so he still got a payday...

Weird question: has anyone ever seen a wrestler cough, yawn or sneeze during a televised match?For some reason I always remember Tito Santana cough just as he and Shawn Michaels circle one another at the start of their WrestleMania 8 match.I would bloody love to see a wrestler sneeze in the middle of a big match.

• Paid Members

Weird question: has anyone ever seen a wrestler cough, yawn or sneeze during a televised match?For some reason I always remember Tito Santana cough just as he and Shawn Michaels circle one another at the start of their WrestleMania 8 match.I would bloody love to see a wrestler sneeze in the middle of a big match.

I remember reading that the Iron Sheik sneezed when all the powder went flying at Summerslam 1991.Somebody mentioned it on here.

• Paid Members

Odd man out, I guess. About the only logical opponent for him would have been Slaughter, and he obviously had bigger things going on. Just about everyone else on the roster was involved in the show, but there's always going to be a few that missed out (eg. no Paul Orndorff at WM3). Duggan did, however, do commentary on the opening match, so he still got a payday...
In that era, Duggan didn't usually have feuds of his own. His role was either to job to Hogan's next opponent to build them up, or work a main event with Hogan's current opponent in towns which were considered too small for a Hogan appearance.