The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

What is it that gets read out before title matches in Japan, and does it happen anywhere else?

It's a declaration from the athletic comitees in charge, so if a match is the for the GHC Heavyweight title, it will be the declaration of the GHC comitee. Or at least I think.

After Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title and declared himself ECW champion, did Scorpio get on the mic? From the clips I've seen he clearly asks Shane for microphone, but Shane tosses it down and plays to the crowd. It would then seem that Scorpio begins to go for the mic. Just wondering if anyone knows if he did indeed speak, and if so, what on earth did he say following what had just happened?

What is it that gets read out before title matches in Japan, and does it happen anywhere else?

It's a declaration from the athletic comitees in charge, so if a match is the for the GHC Heavyweight title, it will be the declaration of the GHC comitee. Or at least I think.
That's right, if you watch the RoH show where Marufuji defends the GHC belt against Nigel McGuiness, the declaration is read out in English.From what I remember Lantern saying, NBW read out a declaration before their title matches now. Dunno about anyone else.

Could someone describe the move "Go To Sleep" to me please? I've read that Punk has been using it as a finish in ECW but I'm sure I've seen it attributed to KENTA also.Help.Any linkage to a video clip would be appreciated if possible.Thanks in advance.

Could someone describe the move "Go To Sleep" to me please? I've read that Punk has been using it as a finish in ECW but I'm sure I've seen it attributed to KENTA also.

Yes, it's KENTA's move, appropriated by Punk from watching puro tapes (as he does with 95% of his offense)Right, imagine this. You lift the guy into a fireman's carry position (as if preparing to do an FU or Death Valley Driver), then in one move jerk your opponent over your head and let him fall in front of you. Lift your knee to catch his face on the way down, knocking him into next week and getting an "ooooooh" from the crowd. Lovely.

Could someone describe the move "Go To Sleep" to me please? I've read that Punk has been using it as a finish in ECW but I'm sure I've seen it attributed to KENTA also.Help.Any linkage to a video clip would be appreciated if possible.Thanks in advance.

KENTA's [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RFhcvtOuA ]Punk's [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_GZwylMcs ]

Guest Josh Jenkins

Where can I get good quality Takeshi Morishima pictures? Or if possible, PSDs?

KENTA's [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RFhcvtOuA ]Punk's [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_GZwylMcs ]
Why doesn't that move look as cool as it sounds?

Is there any other promotion that run's as many shows/or as reguarly as WWE does. Most Japanese promotions work in like two week tours don't they? What about the Mexican promotions? Actually how regular does All Star run?

This one's been bugging me for quite a while, during tna impact's intro there's a guy who looks to have been chucked off a scaffold, who is it and what ppv was it from?

• Paid Members

Is there any other promotion that run's as many shows/or as reguarly as WWE does. Most Japanese promotions work in like two week tours don't they? What about the Mexican promotions? Actually how regular does All Star run?

All Star usually run about 10-15 arena shows a month depending on how business is doing. They also run about half a dozen shows a week at holiday camps throughout the summer.CMLL, the largest Mexican group, ran at least 67 shows last month (and 81 in March), while AAA ran 70 in April and 58 in March. Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

This one's been bugging me for quite a while, during tna impact's intro there's a guy who looks to have been chucked off a scaffold, who is it and what ppv was it from?

I think it's Rhino knocking Abyss of the side of the stands with a "Gore", but I'll be damned if I can tell you which PPV it was (one of the main problems with the Impact Zone PPVs - you can never remember one from another).