The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

"It's not about weight limits... It's about no limits!"As far as I know... Nash is more waging war on the X-Division rather than a part of it...

hes claiming to be part of it...didnt he wrestle a number one contenders match recently?
NoNash faces Sabin on sunday at the PPV for the number one contendership
ok, my dates are wrong...but the fact he IS in the X division was right XD

What happened to Mamma Benjamin?

Didn't they have her suffer a heart attack or something? I believe that the woman who played her suffered a real life health scare of some kind so they took her off the road for real and haven't bothered to bring her back - although I think she is still in his Titantron.
before being hired, Mama (not real name XD) didnt tell the WWE about some form of medical condition she had, so not long after he debut, she requiered some form of treatment. Since it was going nowhere, they pulled the plug earlythats as much as ive pieced together from old sugar packets

I guess this question goes to OneTrueAce may aswell ask it in here since I'am in here, whats with the ''XD'' stuff ? some new shit I've missed ?

• Paid Members

A couple of Rick Rude in WCW questions..NUMBER ONE: When he left the WWF in 1990 did he sign with WCW and not wrestle there until 1991? or did he just sign a WCW contract a few weeks before he debuted at WCW Halloween Havoc 1991.2. What was his first WCW PPV wrestling appearance?3. Did he ever get a shot at the WCW World title? I remember him getting lots of shots for the U.S. Strap.4. What was the legit reason why he left the WWF in 1990?Thank you for taking the time to look at these. Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM

A couple of Rick Rude in WCW questions..2. What was his first WCW PPV wrestling appearance?3. Did he ever get a shot at the WCW World title? I remember him getting lots of shots for the U.S. Strap.

From Wikipedia:Q2 :Rude returned to Jim Crockett Promotions, now known as World Championship Wrestling, as The Halloween Phantom at Halloween Havoc on October 27, 1991. He founded and led The Dangerous Alliance, consisting of himself, Paul E. Dangerously, Madusa, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Larry Zbyszko and "Stunning" Steve Austin. Rude won the United States Championship from Sting and feuded with Ricky Steamboat, at one point breaking his nose in a gang attack. Q3: Rude switched his sights to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, making his intentions clear on August 28, 1993, when he was the guest on then-champion Ric Flair's "A Flair For the Gold" talk show. Rude went on to defeat Flair for the title in September 1993 at Fall Brawl. However, as WCW had recently withdrawn from the NWA, the title could no longer be called the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (WCW had purchased the belt itself, however). The title was renamed the WCW International Championship, which Rude lost to Hiroshi Hase on March 16, 1994 in Tokyo, Japan. Rude regained the title just eight days later in Kyoto, Japan. After dropping the title to Sting on April 17, Rude pinned Sting on May 1 to become a three time champion. However, Rude was stripped of the title as he was found to have used the title belt as a weapon in the course of the match. Rude retired shortly after due to a back injury suffered while wrestling Sting.

I guess this question goes to OneTrueAce may aswell ask it in here since I'am in here, whats with the ''XD'' stuff ? some new shit I've missed ?

tilt ur head to the left...XDits a man laughing, his eyes are crossed because hes laughing so hard

• Paid Members

Legit reason for Rude leaving was that he was out of action with an injury. During this time WWF kept advertising him for main events knowing he wouldn't appear. He argued that as his name was being used to draw, he should be getting the main event payoffs. Vince disagreed so he left.He didn't sign with WCW until just before his debut. He worked at least one indy date earlier in 1991

Edited by JNLister

I think it's a slight stretch to say Rick Rude "founded" the Dangerous Alliance. I'd have thought the clue to the Alliance's founder was kind of there in the name.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know of a website that archives lucha libre results in english?At the moment i'm looking for AAA results but other lucha would be useful as well.

Does anyone know of a website that archives lucha libre results in english?At the moment i'm looking for AAA results but other lucha would be useful as well.

Its not in English but is pretty straight forward (and has lots of pics).CMLL Blog

• Paid Members

So, is Rude recognised as the WCW champion? Whenever you see the lineage it goes from the NWA title to the WCW title. Is Rude a WCW champion, or was Flair still the NWA champion at that point and thus the real world heavyweight champion in WCW?

• Paid Members

WCW stopped working with the NWA shortly before the match with Rude, at which point the NWA title was vacant. The NWA went to court and got an injunction against WCW continuing to use the NWA name (though the physical belt was still WCW's to use). WCW continued using the belt but advertised Flair as WCW International champion, supposedly recognised by their international promoters. This was the title Rude won.Throughout this entire period, the NWA World/WCW International title was a secondary belt in WCW, which already had its own WCW World championship (held by Vader).To summarise:1990: WCW is a member of the NWA and promotes the NWA title, held by Sting. However, they begin referring to it as the WCW World title.July 1991: Flair regains the title. He later leaves WCW and Lex Luger wins the vacant WCW World title. However, the NWA continues to recognise Flair as NWA World champion until September when he signs with WWF (and is thus unavailable to defend the title).August 1992: What is left of the NWA (a handful of indy promoters and a management board) works with WCW to revive the NWA title. Rick Rude wins the NWA title in New Japan's G-1 Climax tournament.September 1993: Flair is now NWA champion. WCW quits the NWA, which goes to court to stop WCW using the name. Flair continues using the same belt, now known as WCW International.June 1994: Sting is now WCW International champion. WCW drops the title and has him lose it in a unification match with WCW World Champion Flair.August 1994: The NWA finally fills the vacancy created in September 1993 with a tournament won by Shane Douglas, who then throws down the belt.October 1994: NWA again fills the vacancy with Chris Candido winning a tournament.

August 1992: What is left of the NWA (a handful of indy promoters and a management board) works with WCW to revive the NWA title. Rick Rude wins the NWA title in New Japan's G-1 Climax tournament.

Erm... wasn't that Masa Chono? He then dropped it to Muta in January 1993, who, in turn, passed it on to Barry Windham at Superbrawl in March. Flair then wins it from Windham in June/July time.How the fuck can I remember this, but not where I left my door keys? Edited by gwailofilms

August 1992: What is left of the NWA (a handful of indy promoters and a management board) works with WCW to revive the NWA title. Rick Rude wins the NWA title in New Japan's G-1 Climax tournament.

Erm... wasn't that Masa Chono? He then dropped it to Muta in January 1993, who, in turn, passed it on to Barry Windham at Superbrawl in March. Flair then wins it from Windham in June/July time.How the fuck can I remember this, but not where I left my door keys?
That was definitely Chono.Lister in mistake shocker :laugh: