The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

It was in 1988. It was because the guy wanted to make ITV more with the times, and felt wrestling looked really old and out of date and made the network look bad for having it on. It didn't represent the new image or something along those lines.

Re: World of Sport - I'm being really picky, but that's not quite right. World of Sport as a programme (Dickie Davies and all) ended in 1985, with wrestling continuing as a seperate entity until 1988...I'd be very surprised if Konnan taught Bret the sharpshooter, because I can't think of any occasion their paths would have crossed before he was using it. Bret used it first in around spring 91. Konan didn't start in the WWF until Autumn 92 (his very short spell as Max Moon, before Paul Diamond took over). Maybe Bret was a big trader of CMLL or something...?
It is stated on one of the DVD extras that Konan taught Bret the move, but doesn't name the location/promotion where they worked together.

On the Anthology CDs, why were Jake Roberts and ultimate Warrior's themes shittily looped? if you listen to any old school WWF PPV you'll hear that the actual themes they used were different. Why was this?

• Paid Members

Since the new board emerged I can't seem to quote properly with boxes etc. Can anyone tell me the best way to do it?

Yeah I didn't know how to do it at first, all you have to do is press the quote button next to the comment you want to quote then press add reply.

• Paid Members

What does Michael Hayes do behind the scenes in the WWE? I haven't heard anything from him since that "Plane Ride..from HELL" incident in 2002.

What about the "My God, you kids today!" promo on Edge?This is either a request for someone else to watch it to confirm what I think I saw, or confirm what I thought I saw because they know it to be true...I watched Austin vs Bret from Mania 13 last night. After the match, as Austin is walking to the back, a young man I'm sure is a youthful Colt Cabana (who is of course from Chicago) reaches over the rail to try to touch Austin. Is it him?

I'd be very surprised if Konnan taught Bret the sharpshooter, because I can't think of any occasion their paths would have crossed before he was using it. Bret used it first in around spring 91. Konan didn't start in the WWF until Autumn 92 (his very short spell as Max Moon, before Paul Diamond took over). Maybe Bret was a big trader of CMLL or something...?

According to Graham Cawthon's History of WWE site. Konan wrestled in a dark match at one of the WWF TV Tapings on 07.01.91 defeating Ultraman via submission.

What was the first spot in the Iron man match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart at Wrestlemania?Thanks...

The first major part was about 12 minutes in, when both were outside the ring. Michaels shoved Bret into the ringpost, who ended up slumped over the timekeeper. Michaels came in for the Chin Music, but Bret moved out of the way, and the timekeeper got knocked out.

Might sound odd this but is there a secret wwe.com wallpaper section ?. Granted they have walls for Lashley and Cena and a few other's but there was a wallpaper section before on there site (not mobile) but it was well.... very hard to find i guess.

• Paid Members

Fair point but you don't see many black WWE wrestlers blade much. I know the Rock done his fair share but his skin is more lighter. Anyone think the reason might be that blood doesn't come up as well on darker skin therefore there's not much need for it?