The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

For the Bret Hart-Yokozuna main event of Wrestlemania 9, were there any angles/face offs/clashes between the 2 wrestlers prior to the PPV?All I remember from the build up for this match is Bret Hart conducting an interview saying he knows he is the underdog but he is going to give it his best shot etc etc.In the main I recall most of that Wrestlemania build up to be the return of Hogan for the Hogan/Beefcake vs Money Inc matchBut surely there must have been some build up for the main event, and if not, that must be some kind of record.

It's not much, but there was also a brief confrontation between the two at the end of the Royal Rumble '93 ppv. As media took snaps of Yoko, as manager Fuji flapped his gums about Yoko being the next WWF champion, Bret turned up with his belt and they began to get in eachothers face as the show finished. That and the contract signing are all the interaction i recall between the two prior to their 'Mania match. Bret had plenty of matches in the build though, i seem to recall a nifty little match he had with Headshrinker Fatu on an episode of Raw in particular.Edit- Just noticed the posts above, and the Fatu match is the one mentioned above on the 'UK Fan Favourites 1993' VHS release. Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

For the Bret Hart-Yokozuna main event of Wrestlemania 9, were there any angles/face offs/clashes between the 2 wrestlers prior to the PPV?All I remember from the build up for this match is Bret Hart conducting an interview saying he knows he is the underdog but he is going to give it his best shot etc etc.In the main I recall most of that Wrestlemania build up to be the return of Hogan for the Hogan/Beefcake vs Money Inc matchBut surely there must have been some build up for the main event, and if not, that must be some kind of record.

It's not much, but there was also a brief confrontation between the two at the end of the Royal Rumble '93 ppv. As media took snaps of Yoko, as manager Fuji flapped his gums about Yoko being the next WWF champion, Bret turned up with his belt and they began to get in eachothers face as the show finished. That and the contract signing are all the interaction i recall between the two prior to their 'Mania match. Bret had plenty of matches in the build though, i seem to recall a nifty little match he had with Headshrinker Fatu on an episode of Raw in particular.Edit- Just noticed the posts above, and the Fatu match is the one mentioned above on the 'UK Fan Favourites 1993' VHS release.
There was also the contract signing where Yokozuna attacked Bret Hart and delivered the Banzai Drop.That was a week before WrestleMania IX.

For the Bret Hart-Yokozuna main event of Wrestlemania 9, were there any angles/face offs/clashes between the 2 wrestlers prior to the PPV?

All I remember from the build up for this match is Bret Hart conducting an interview saying he knows he is the underdog but he is going to give it his best shot etc etc.

In the main I recall most of that Wrestlemania build up to be the return of Hogan for the Hogan/Beefcake vs Money Inc match

That and the contract signing are all the interaction i recall between the two prior to their 'Mania matchEdit- Just noticed the posts above, and the Fatu match is the one mentioned above on the 'UK Fan Favourites 1993' VHS release.

There was also the contract signing where Yokozuna attacked Bret Hart and delivered the Banzai Drop.

That was a week before WrestleMania IX.

Sure was. That's why i mentioned it. ;)

Oh, sorry.

Was Summerslam 92 shown on a delay in America or was it shown live? If it was shown live then it would have been broadcast at about 2pm on the east coast and about 12 on the west

The show was taped Saturday August 29th, and it was televised in the UK and the US on Monday the 31st I believe. (A few hours earlier in the UK)

• Paid Members

Was flicking through the channels this morning and I came across FOX News. On the screen in front of me was some radio DJ called "Mancow". I recall the name. Did he ever do a few shots in WCW? He was ranting about various stuff and at the end mentioned that Yasser Arafat died from AIDS. I nearly spat out my milk when he said it brahs.

Edited by bAzTNM

Was flicking through the channels this morning and I came across FOX News. On the screen in front of me was some radio DJ called "Mancow". I recall the name. Did he ever do a few shots in WCW? He was ranting about various stuff and at the end mentioned that Yasser Arafat died from AIDS. I nearly spat out my milk when he said it brahs.

I think he actually wrestled at a WCW PPV.